Chapter 43

Dedicated to ThavieshaPallawala

Hatred is blind; rage carries you away; and he who pours out vengeance runs the risk of tasting a bitter draught.

Liz
I swallowed the heavy substance occupying my throat, as my eyes continued to watch him in guilt, my vision was still blurry for all what I've caused him.

"Y- yeah, please Roman it's not-"

"That's it Liz!" He yells all of a sudden, "we're done! I'm done with your shit and I can't take it any longer, and won't Simon be waiting for you by this time? Just go and meet him, after all, to you, he is way better than me. WE ARE DONE"

"Roman no. It's not his child." I quickly confess, expecting him to get it but he has this sad smile on his face, he should get it that I will never ever in my entire life cheat on him, and I'm carrying his second child.

"Oh? So it's not only Simon? Wow Liz you're unbelievable, I don't still get why you're telling me this, just get out of my life. I hate you! I hate you! Damn"

My eyes widened in horror at his accusation, "what is wrong with you Roman? Why do you keep thinking I cheated on you with someone, I am not a whore if that's what you're trying to say, this child is yours, you could run few tests to know whether I'm lying or not, Roman you know it will be a mistake if you do what you did the last time, just reason-"

"Don't bring that up Liz, I spend every day regretting what I did and don't make it seem like you aren't also at fault."

He spat.

He held my hands, his lips trembling as his eyes held no emotions, "we're done Liz, I'm not going to regret making this decision ever-"

"No, we are not. We're not done Roman, can't you get it into your head, you're the father of this child, you're responsible for my pregnancy, can't you reason like a normal twenty four year old."

"I can't reason Liz, just go meet Simon-"

"Roman stop! Stop it okay? I'm pregnant with your child and that's final!'' I screamed to his face, I regret coming over because it even brought about more stupid things to argue about and I'm fed up of it. "You are not breaking up with me, Rome."

"I am okay? I can't take it anymore, Eve was way better than-"

A loud sound echoed in the room as the back of my palm hits his left cheek, I could nearly feel the pain and the sound of his neck cracking to the side.

"You did not just compare me to that thing. I've also had enough of your accusations okay? You think I'm lying? Fine, think whatever you like, but don't worry-" I wiped the tears off my cheeks, "if you don't want this child then, so be it, I will take responsibility for it, but don't come later to me. Because if you're stubborn about realizing the truth, then I'm more stubborn, good bye and see you hopefully in the future."

I angrily storm towards the door, cleaning my face and sniffing, I can't even imagine what I look like and right now, I don't care. He doesn't care either. He doesn't even bother to reach out for me or apologize.

"Mommy!" I halted my tracks when I heard my baby's voice, I couldn't hide the tears as it kept on rushing mercilessly. She hugged my waist since that was where she could reach. I bent to her height with a sad smile, she is going to have a sibling and I am yet to break it to her.

"Mommy don't leave please, daddy is sorry." I won't be surprised if she hears all what we say and screams and she's a smart girl so she'll understand what's going on.

"Mommy don't leave me and daddy please, " she choked on her tears, I picked her into my arms, hugging her tight and kissed her cheeks, my eyes somehow fell on Roman, I quickly revert my eyes away from his unbelievable pleading gaze, his bipolar attitude annoys the living out of me. I dropped Royalty back to the floor and held her cheeks.