Chapter 35

Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.

Liz.

Busy
That's what I have been all day long which is really tiring, having to stretch my leg to various booths, tending to customers some rude, some appreciative. All of the above contribute to my exhaustion.

I exhale, relaxing my bum on the high stool being secured by the counter, during the span of those seconds, it feels so heavenly even with the endurance of noises and chattering of teenagers and others.

"Are you in or not? lazy ass woman?" My eyes shot open in horror, scared of having been caught sleeping on duty and I don't think I'm ready for Mrs Pryce's rants again. My eyes blink furiously at the lady glaring back at me through her prolonged, thick lashes, her nose scrunch up with her lips somehow curving upwards.

I clear my throat, already feeling awkward.

"What's your order?"

No need to pretend to be 'nice' because the way she treats me is the I also treat her so it's fair but he always have the advantage of showing off at my workplace because my 'things' have limits in here.

I already feel bored of her sudden, unexpected appearance, and trying my possible best to succeed in ignoring her daggers and disgust reflecting in her eyes. I wanted her to know that I don't care about her feelings or expression towards me all I care is about her leaving this place, now actually, I just want her to order and leave with immediate alacrity. We can go through our grudges next time.

"If you don't have any order then vacate I can't stand your goat scent anymore." I narrate in intense annoyance much more than hers.

"Really Liz? Have you forgotten your mouth is the closest to your nose,"she smirks like she had just won 'Miss World' which I can't help but internally smile sarcastically at that.

She pats her pink tinted hair and dusting off the fake dust on her hair, "the usual."

Ugh finally

I didn't even bother to roll my eyes because I can't be stressing both my eyes and mouth on her, doesn't worth it.

"Here." I hand her her Coca-Cola ignoring those hard glares that always irritate me. I know she wants to say something, rude and intimidating, she wanted to judge me but I beat her to it.

"The door is right there, miss." I nod towards the door path and adjust my gown before settling back on my stool. Only God knows why she keeps on acting this way towards me, I mean, I can't recall why I am holding a fight with her, I barely talk with her before. Before she went I heard her mutter something that I might've not heard well,

"Just wait when the time comes, I get back what was once mine."

*.
I swallow hard as my eyes double in size haven realized what Eve had told me that time, what it meant, all this while I've been wondering what that mean and I feel so stupid not understanding it and getting the idea right away. God, why is she like this, to me? Isn't she the one that, in the first place, cut things off with him? If she wanted him then or whatever she should have just gone along with the relationship not breaking Roman's heart. But then, come to think of it, if she hadn't broken up with him then I wouldn't be in this position.

Oh boy

A loud, buzzing sound hits my ear leaving me gasp in terror. I groan, tearing my eyes off the cookery book I've a crazy obsession with to the device vibrating for attention irritatingly near me. A frown grew on my face when I saw the number, of course I knew it was him, he always calls me all the time. It is so infuriating.