Chapter 49

A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man

Epilogue;

Roman

Four months later,
"Aahh!" I jolted from the rocking chair in the nursery, the shock made Raya let out a cry in my arms. I glanced at her before kissing her tiny forehead and her nose to soothe her, "it's alright Reyna, daddy's here."

I groan in annoyance as to why Royalty would scream like that early in the morning and I'm sure the reason would be off point. Like usual. She's just like her mom. I gently stood from the chair, holding Raya tightly in my grasp, making my way to the source of the loud cry. I wasn't a bit surprised when I found myself in front of my room door.

"What's wrong? I swear if it's stupid-" I narrow my eyes at Liz, who was sitting on the bed, with Rex on her laps, she was rubbing one of Royalty's fingers whose face was in that expression you make when you are about to cry. She was squeezing her face as she let out silent sobs.

"Rex bit her."

"Oh is that why you're crying?" I smirk at Royalty, moving closer to them. My smirk only made Royalty's cry worse and louder.

"Roman stop it, she's gonna wake Rome." She gestured to Junior on the bed and glared hard at me.

"Wait, he was still sleeping even after Royalty's scream? Oh he inherited it from someone," I wink at her, she wanted to do something to me, but stopped making me raise an eyebrow, "you wanna do something? Go on, hit me with the pillow." I joked knowing she can't because Raya was on my hold. And I thank Raya for that because I won't be able to deal with them hitting me with pillows and Royalty climbing me. That will be so unbearable.

I walked to where they were seated by the side of the bed, occupying the space by the side of the bed close to them "let me see it."

Royalty shows me her finger, letting out a silent cry. "Oh come on, be a big girl, not like you didn't do it during your time, I can still remember when you bit Elias cheek with those fangs. Ayy ayy " I made a vampire sound at her making a giggle break in the room, sure it was Raya as if she understands what I was saying but I guess it was the sound that I made that made her giggle.

"Mommy" Royalty whines, sitting beside Liz and side hugging her, "I don't want a baby again-"

"A baby? But we've got three." I laughed at her, pointing at her siblings. As you've known, we have triplets; Rex, Raya and Roman junior, which explains why Liz's stomach was similar to that of a wrecking ball but I didn't tell her. They all look so much alike, they had the same hair, it was dark, I think that was normal since me and Liz had dark hair, Raya and Roman got Liz's thin eyebrows, while Rex's was almost as if it was bushy, maybe he got that from his ancestors because neither of me and Liz's eyebrows are bushy, mine is just normal. But Rex looks cuter with it, he's sure gonna attract many... Yeah, you get it. We all have the same skin tone, yeah we are light skinned.
I know Rex is going to be stubborn by the way he's been acting these days. For example, now, he just bit his sister's finger and looked around the room innocently like he always did, acting as if he did nothing wrong.

"Weren't you the one anxious to see them a few months ago."

Liz punched me playfully before Royalty crossed her arms over her chest dramatically, "no I've changed my mind."

Liz chortle, "Royalty don't say that okay? They love you just as you love them, don't mind your dad he's just being jealous you didn't vote for him to watch his football game" She sends me a wicked grin followed by a wink. I gently placed Raya on the soft bed, beside her brothers and hugged Liz. I don't know why I just did, I felt like it, I pulled Royalty to us, and kissed both my girls' hair.