Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Liz:

Everything felt different after that day, the day when I turned Michael down. I mean no more hundreds of missed calls every morning, no one to drive me off to school, no more annoyingly cheesy text messages and no one acting like my boyfriend. I don't miss it though; I've been waiting for this time - no one to mind except my own business.

The next day after the "Dumping Michael Day", I stayed on my daily routine. Walk from class after class alone, visit my locker, and check how I look once in a while at the ladies ‘ room, spend free time in the library, and roam around the hallway while reading a book. Something's crazy, I feel it. Yea. Why is it that everywhere I go, Michael is always there. Okay, maybe it was just a coincidence.

But wait, this coincidence became a habit. It happened for the whole week and now, almost one month. Crap. He's following me.

I went to the library after class to accomplish my homework - I don't usually do my home works at home. There are only few students in the library, mostly got home already. I smiled at the librarian who knows me as the one with the 'perfect library attendance'. I smiled back at her and went straight to my favorite spot - the one beside the big glass window overlooking the campus lagoon park, so peaceful. After approximately two minutes, Michael went in and sat two tables away from where I was. I ignored him and continued doing my homework. I could see in my peripheral view that he was not just looking at me but staring at me. And every time I look back, he diverts his eyes back into his book - pretending to be reading. He keeps doing that for minutes now. I couldn't concentrate, curse you Michael. I stood up, carried my books and my bag, and went out the library. I just stood outside, beside the door. After few seconds, I was right, Michael came out. He didn't notice me though. There he was, standing in front of me; his back facing me, and turns his head left and right as if looking for something or maybe someone.

"Looking for something huh?"

He didn't turn, instead continued swinging his head left and right. "Yeah. Have you seen where Liz went?" He finally turned back and saw me, giving him an icy look. His eyes widened in surprise and his voice became shaky. "Liz!? What are you doing here?"

"What are YOU doing?" Giving an emphasis on the 'you' part. "I thought I made it clear to you. I don't like you and I never will. So why don't you just leave me alone and move on?" I'm not giving him options, I'm giving him commands. "You're pissing me off!"

"Look, I don't mean to piss you. He stepped towards me, put his hands on my shoulder, tilted his head a bit. His face only few inches from mine. "I just wanted to make sure you're okay and no one bugs you."

"You are the one bugging me, Michael. I would be okay if no one's following me like a dog." I removed his hands on my shoulders and walked out. Gladly, he didn't follow.

When I arrived home, I saw Dad's car parked at the garage. Could he be here? It's a little early than his usually 'I'm home' time. I stepped inside the house, and there he is watching his favorite TV show. I went up to my room to change clothes and take a bath. After half an hour, I heard Mom shouting."Sweetie, dinner's ready."

I sat down but remained silent. Dad looked at me with worry in his face. "Is my little angel ok? It seems like there's something bothering you."

I didn't answer and started eating. I can say that he's kind of hurt with my unresponsive attitude.

Mom held my hand, looked at me and said, "Sweetie, if there's something you want to say, feel free. We are your parents, we just care about you." She turned to Dad and tapped his shoulders," Let's just wait until she wants to open up ok? Let us not put pressure on her."