Chapter 37

HELL WEEK is totally OVER!!!!!! YEAAAA!!!! So, as promised, here's the 37th chapter. It's kind of short but...I know you guys will love it. *fingers crossed* hehe

Dedicated to DiraadictLino. She's new to Wattpad - let's welcome her.

I think it's kind of ambitious and all but, I would like to have a one-shot writing contest. Here's how:

1. Pick your favorite Chapter/Scene in Til i Found You.

2. Re-write it and add your own flavor to it. Do everything you want to do with it. Hehe

3. Post the ink on my message board or send me a private message.

Winner will get the dedcation to the last chapter and a sneak peak on book two. How does that sound? Hehe. Anyway, you are not forced to join. :) Deadline will be on the 29th of February. :)

Sorry for the long intro. Hehe Enjoy!

****************************************

Chapter 37

Liz:

I’ve been sleepless last night thinking over what Justin said about backing out from the engagement. So to relax myself, I went to the mall to shop. I know, it’s not like me. I am never fond of shopping but, I guess I need it at least once in a while.

I was looking across the racks when my attention was caught by a familiar sound of a voice.

“Excuse me. I’m looking for a night gown. Preferably silk. And pink. You think you have them? And oh, I want it to be a bit sexy.” She said to the sales clerk.

“I’ll see if we have them.”

“Thanks.”

When the sales clerk left, the girl turned and started searching the racks. I think I knew this girl. I narrowed my eyes to confirm my guess. And I was right.

“Elaine?” I said. “What are you dong here?”

“Shopping?” she answered, with a raised eyebrow.

“I thought you’re ill. Vince told me. Are you okay?” My hands reached for her to show my concern.  But she slapped my hand away.

“Ill? Me? Who told you that?” She flipped her hair as she hissed. “Do I look like ill to you?”

“But Vince told me that – “ My breathing went shallow. “That’s the reason why he’s staying with you, right?”

She laughed deviously. “What? He’s staying with me because we want to be with each other.”

“You’re lying.”

“Why don’t you see for yourself?”

I was about to say something again when…

“Ma’am, I’ve got what you’re looking for.” The sales clerk said as she showed a pink silk night gown with a lacy detail.

“I’ll take it.” Elaine said.

With that, they left.

**********

The day went by in a blur. I spent few hours walking around, trying to think. Who’s telling the truth? Who should I believe? I’ve got to see it myself.

I sat on my favorite coffee shop waiting for Dave to come. We agreed o meet each other at 7pm. Five minutes before seven, he came.

“Hey Liz. What’s up?” Dave said.

“Is there something wrong with Elaine?”

He creased his forehead. “What do you mean?”

“Is she – is she sick or something?”

Dave took a deep breath. “You won’t believe this but, yes. She has this some kind of disorder. You know what? I think she’s crazy.”

“Are you sure?” I asked, quite suspicious.

He nodded. “She’s tried to kill herself twice because of Vince. She’d threaten to kill herself if Vince leaves her. What kind of crazy freak would do that?”

I remained silent.

“Why?” he asked. “Something wrong?”

“I saw her today. And she told me otherwise.”

“What?! Are you sure?”

I simply nodded.

“I knew it! That’s why I am suspicious! I knew there’s something wrong about all that’s happening!”

“Same here. That’s why I called you.”

He seemed surprised. “There’s a reason why you called? What is it?”

“Come with me.”

**********

“You really are a genius, Liz.” He said.

I ignored him.

“You know what? I really have a thing for intelligent girls. You should go out with me sometimes.”

I punched him hard on his arm.

“I was joking!” he screamed as he touched the area I punched.

Dave and I were on our way to Elaine’s place. I wanted to see the truth. We even bought a basket of fruits for Elaine. So they won’t be suspicious that we’re spying. If they ask us what we’re doing there, we’ll tell them we’re there to visit Elaine.

After a few minutes of driving, we finally arrived. Dave led the way because he knows where her place is.

Dave pressed the door bell a number of times but no one’s opening the door.

“Are you sure were on the right floor?” I asked.

“Of course, I’ve been here a couple of times.” He answered. He pressed again. “Come on, open up!” Dave reached for the knob and the door opened. “What the? It’s open? All this time, it’s open? I pressed the button hundred times and it’s open?”

Dave was having a fight with the door. “Dave! Come on!”

We entered the place and no one seems to be around. We looked at the living area and no one’s there. The kitchen was empty. And so are the other parts of the house.

“There’s only one room left.” He said and looked at me. “The bedroom.”

No way! Anywhere but the bedroom! The thought of seeing them together in one same room makes me flush in anger.

Dave reached for my hand and said, “Let’s go.”

When we opened the bedroom, I felt like all of my strength vanished. My knees wobbled and think I’m going to faint.

Here’s what we saw: The half-naked Vince lying on the bed and Elaine in her newly bought night gown sitting on the bed beside Vince. She was leaning her face to Vince and it seems to me like they were kissing. That they are about to start something. Something that I don’t want to see.

My heart was crushed that moment. And it seems like my whole world started to fall apart.

I dropped the basket of fruits from my hand, creating a noise. The noise caught their attention and they turned to look at us. My eyes met with Vince’s and he stared at me for a few seconds.

“Liz?” he called out my name. “Liz, wait.” He said as he tried to get off from bed.

At that very moment, there’s nothing I can do but…to run away.

*******************************************

There's nothing I can say...I just want to know your reactions. Hehe *excited*

Vote, comment and fan if you like! :)