Chapter 36

FINALLY! hehe

Dedicated to loveofreakmusic. I'm sure she's waiting patiently for this. :)

WARNING: This chapter is short but full of actions. And it is strongly recommended that you prepare yourselves for some Elaine-Justin scenes. I prefer that you put away things from your reach. You might destroy them. Hehe

Midterm exams next week! Gambatte kudasai! :)

Enjoy!

*************************************

Chapter 36

Vince:

“Game over again?” Dave said as he scratched his head. “What the heck, dude?”

I shrugged my shoulders as a respond to his glare. “What? It’s boring.”

“Boring?” he snorted. “Who do you think suggested this game?”

Yes, it was me. “Just – just change it.” I lied back on his couch and took a sip from my lemonade.

It was exactly two weeks since Grandma died. The first week was painful; the second week was…getting normal. And for the last three days, I have been spending some time with my best buddy in his house. We’ve been playing video games, watching movies, jamming and a lot of dallying. We’re lucky Mrs. Hughes was a bit lenient, especially when it comes to me and Dave.

A knock on the door was followed by a voice, “Open the door, sweetie. I’ve got you some snacks.”

Dave opened the door and gasped with the sight of the food. Mrs. Hughes brought us more lemonade and sweets. As Dave took them, he said to his Mom, “Do you know how much I love you, Mom?”

Mrs. Hughes just laughed as Dave kissed her on the cheek.

“Are you still having fun here, Vince?” she asked me.

I smiled and nodded.

“I hope spending time with my son really helps you cope up with the loss.”

“It is.” And she left.

Dave looked at me indifferently and sat beside me. “Really?”

My forehead creased.

“Am I really that of a big help to you?”

I filled my mouth with one of Mrs. Hughes freshly baked brownies. “Shut up, Dave.”

“Come on, Vince. I want to hear it from you.” He said. “I am, am I?”

“Shut up, Dave. You sound like girl.” And then we shared a laugh.

“You ready for the new game?” he asked.

“Whenever you are.”

As Dave picked up our joystick, I heard my phone ring. It was a call from Elaine. Hesitantly, I picked it up. “Hello?” I said.

“Vincent Coax?” said the person from the other line. I am pretty sure it wasn’t Elaine. The voice sounded different.

“Who’s this?” I said, in a serious tone. “Where’s Elaine? Why do you have her phone? Where did you take her?”

“Relax. I’m Nurse Letty. Ms. Thompson was found unconscious in her apartment last night and was directly sent to emergency room. You’re one of the recently called numbers here in her phone so we thought we might just give you a call.”