Chapter 32

Exams just ended. *whew*

First, I dedicate this chapter to pinksweetcandy19. This is my Christmas gift to you. hehehe hope you like it!

Second,thanks to SummerBreath for this awesome banner! Thank you!

Lastly, I want to greet everybody a Merry Christmas!

Enjoy reading!

**********************************************************************

Chapter 32

Liz:

If it wasn’t because of Joseph, there’s no way I’ll agree on this whole “romantic dinner date” thing. And speaking of, why are they taking too long to announce the winner?! I was like, waiting here for 15 minutes already!

A few moments later, a sound from the strings of the violin caught my attention. As I turned to look, I saw a stringed quartet walk towards the place where I stand. Following them is a man in his tux. The man, who I never knew, went towards me and said, “Miss Van Hossen, it is my honor to present to you your tonight’s date, the Bachelor, Mr. Vincent Coax.”

Right after he said those words, Vince stepped out behind the musicians and walked towards me.

“Have a great night.” the man added before he left.

The music continued as Vince continued to walk closer to me. His eyes were fixed on me and it gave me a different feeling. I felt I was lost in his eyes.

A small smile curved on his lips as he extended his arm to me. “May I have this dance?” he said.

“I couldn’t say no to the Bachelor.” Then I reached out for his hand as well.

Together, our bodies swayed to the music. The sensation of his hands in my waist sent electrifying chills in my whole body. My breathing shallowed as he pulled me closer to him.

“You look beautiful tonight.” He suddenly muttered. I only managed to smile because I can’t seem to find my voice.

After a few minutes of silence, he spoke again. “So, what is it that you don’t want anyone to know, especially me?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked, totally confused.

“I heard you talking with that guy earlier while you were – “

“You were stalking us?!” I exclaimed as I pull myself away.

“No, I was just making sure you’re safe.”  He explained. “I just want to see to it that he won’t do anything to harm you.”

I snorted. “He won’t do that to me.”

His eyebrow raised in annoyance. “You barely know the guy and you trust him already?!”

“Who says I barely know him?”

“What do you mean?”

“That guy,” I said. “Lived in our house even before I was born!”

Vince just stared at me with blank expression. “I don’t think I get it.”

Releasing a sigh, I explained further. “Joseph is Sebastian’s son. We live together when we were kids until he decided to travel around the world.”

“And what is he doing here if he wanted to travel the world?”

“Working. He wants everything at his own expense.” Vince simply nodded. “Clear?”