Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Liz:

Hello America. Hello new world. Hello new self.

After hours of plane travel, I finally got here. Honestly, I'm a bit anxious about this whole thing. I mean, I don't know anybody. Erase. You are here to move on Liz, not to enjoy too much. But enjoyment will make me move on, somehow.

It's 10 o' clock in the morning and I haven't eaten anything yet. Yea, I might throw up if I eat during the travel. I rode a cab and asked the driver to take me to the nearest restaurant that offers a great variety of food. After a few minutes, he stopped in front of a very classy mall.

"There you go ma'am. The nearest mall that offers a great variety of restaurants to choose from." the driver said with so much confidence in his voice, you can see it in his smile.

I looked at him with so much confusion, scratched my head and said, "Uhm, I think we just had a misunderstanding. Nah, never mind." I went out the cab and handed him my fare. 

After 15 minutes of strolling and looking for a place to eat, I found the perfect one. It was located on the second floor of the mall, and it's so much different from the others. The tables were outside the resto and they were not just tables, it was more of a picnic table complete with the big umbrella over it.

I ordered one mocha frappe, a slice of blueberry cheesecake, and garlic bread. I was enjoying my breakfast and enjoyed it even more while reading another book again. Minutes passed and I heard someone crying. I put down and closed the book I am reading and saw a little boy in front of my table. I immediately stood up and approached the little boy. I sat down, my knees touching my chest, and rubbed the boy's back with my palms.

"Why are you crying little boy? Who's with you?" I asked, trying to stop him from crying.

Still sobbing he replied," M-my ball. It, it rolled and I followed it." Sob."And now, now I'm lost. I was looking for Daddy but-" And he cried again.

I gave him a hug and tapped his back. "Ssh, don't cry little boy, we'll find your Daddy. I'll help you" I gently pulled away and wiped his tears with my hands.

Then suddenly, a man standing just few steps away spoke."Bryan? Oh my goodness Bryan! Where have you been?" He ran towards the boy and the boy hugged him tight, crying again."I've been looking for you."

The boy, catching his breath tried to explain."My my ball just--"

"It's okay boy, no need to explain. I'm glad I found you."

I stood up and stepped towards them with a smile on my face."So, your name must be Bryan."

His father stood up and talked to his son, "You know this girl Bryan?"

Bryan nodded and gently smiled."Mmm. When I was lost and crying, she hugged me and promised to help me find you until you came. She even tried to make me stop crying." He turned to me and smiled.

Talking to his son, his Daddy said."Well, I guess we'd better give her something as thanksgiving, don't you think Bryan?"

Bryan's face lit up when he heard that. He agreed and ran towards me, grabbing my hands. "Come eat with us."

I looked at him, then to his father. His father nodded in agreement. "I just had my breakfast a while ago...but because Bryan requested, I will."

"Yey!" Bryan jumped and pulled my hands.

I picked up my things and followed them to a coffee shop. The place was cozy, complete with the classical music playing on the background. And the aroma of the fresh coffee beans lingers throughout the place.