Chapter 18

MEW'S POV

He was on the roof top to catch some air. He took a break after his meeting and went straight to the rooftop. He loosened his necktie and took a deep breath. He did not sleep well last night after his talked to Gulf's father.
He really want to go and confessed everything to Gulf but he can't. But his mind and heart knows what he really want to do.

Its not just all about the company's merging.
He want to protect Gulf.

He grab his hair in frustration. He has been thinking about Gulf all night.
And He will not let Angel ruin Gulf. He will do everything to protect him.

Mew fix himself and go back to his office. When he open the door he saw Angel sitting on a couch obviously waiting for him.
He went straight to his table and turn on his laptop. Ignoring her.
Angel get up from his seat and walked to his table.

"Why are you here?" He asked her without looking at her his finger is busy typing.
"Hmm. I'm just here to remind you that we have a gown fitting tonight."
She said while folding her arms to her chest.
"You can go with on your own. I have a client to meet tonight"
He answered still on his laptop.
"No. You will go with me Mew. And stop acting up coz you dont have any choice but to marry me." She said in a serious tone.
Mew looked up to her and rest his back on his swivel chair. He was so tired playing Angels game.
" What do you really want from me hah?" Mew ask massaging his forehead.
Angel walked on his table and seat on the edge. Still her arm on her chest.

"Stop asking Mew. You already know what I want. So if you want to protect his image just better do what you need to do. I can ruin Gulfs life in a sec. And yours too." She whispered to his ear and give Mew a tap on his shoulder and get up and went straight to the door.
"So get yourself ready. I'll see you later.Bye" she said before leaving him.
"Shit!" He smash his fist on his table in frustration.

Mew is seating inside the boutique waiting for Angel. He is starting to get bored.
Angel has been fitting for a gown for an hour now.
He decided to get up and went outside. He get into the car and decided to go to JB's bar. JB served his usual drink.
He is drinking his 3rd shots of Martini when his phone keeps ringing.
Angel is calling. He ignored the call and put his phone on a silent.

He is so stressed and frustrated to deal this shit going on.
He is already losing his mind.
He get up on his seat and went to the comfort room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He woke up on unfamiliar room. He feel his head aching and his hang over is kicking in. He get up on the bed and went to pee and wash his face.
He was so drunk last night and dont have any idea who put him here.
He step out of the comfort room when someone knock on a door.

He open the door and theirs a girl outside with a tray of food and a pain killer.
He got confused and ask her.
"Aw Nong. Where am I?" He ask her.
"You are at a hotel Phi. The person who bring you here last night told us to served you this when you wake up." The girl smiled.
"Aw. OK. The person that bring me here last night. Is it a man or a woman Nong?"
He ask while getting the tray of food on her.
"Its a man Phi." The girl answered him.
"Did you know his name?"
"No Phi. He just put you here and then told us to serve you breakfast when you wake up and he said that you can take painkillers for your hang over"
The woman answered him and said goodbye.

He close the door and put the tray of food in his bedside table.
He was wondering who that mysterious person that bring him here.

He just decided to take the pain killer and drink the juice before he leave the room. He grab his car keys and his phone and went straight to his car.
It was already 11 am when he arrived at his parents house.
He went straight to his room and take a shower.
He seat on his bed while wiping his wet hair when his mom knock on his room.

"Mew?" His mom called
"Its open Mae" his mom open the door and went inside.
"What is it Mae?" He ask her.
"Are you staying?" His mom ask him.
"Hmm." He nodded
"OK. Are you hungry? You want to eat something?"
"No mae. I'm not hungry. I'll just sleep" he answered and settle on his bed.
"Okay I'll leave you then." Her mom said and went out but she stop on the door and looked back to Mew.
"If you want to talk something don't hesitate to talk to me. It will lessen your burden. I'm just always here" her mom said and went outside.

Mew sit and rest his back on the headboard of his bed. His mind is clouded.
He dont know what to do anymore.
He put his earphone and play some music to calm him.

Mew woke up to a gentle tap on his cheeks. Its his Mom.
"Wake up Son. The dinner is ready."
"Yes Mae. I'll go downstairs. I'll just use the comfort room"
"Okay"
He get up on his bed and went to the comfort room.

"Son,can I have a minute with you?" His father ask him.
They are done eating dinner and he was about to go back in his room when his father interrupted him.

They are on a garden sitting while having a tea.
"I already cancelled the companies merger." His father said leaving Mew confused. But he did not response he just wait for his Father to continue.

"I want to apologized for causing you a lot of trouble Son. I'm sorry if I am the  cause of you and Gulfs break up. I admit I'm not keen to the idea that my only son also like his same gender. I think you are just confused. I saw you with a lot of girls before and one day you told me you like Gulf. As a father its a painful truth to accept. So I accept the merger proposal of the company.
And you need to get married to the daughter of my business partner to push the merger. I know what I did is wrong. I enterfere with your life. I just think that if you get married to a woman and have a family on your own you will forget all about Gulf. But I was wrong..Everyday that you ignored me and acted like a stranger towards me hurt me a lot. I'm not used to it. I'm sorry son. I hope its not to late to forgive me.
I already talk to Gulf's father and I apologized about what happened and I admit  to him that  its all my plan.."

Mew can't believe what he heard from his father. The high and mighty Mr Suppasit is admitting his fault. He just can't believe it. This is the first time that his father accept that he is wrong.

"So can you forgive this old man?" His father said while looking at him like a shy pups. Mew hug his old man he missed his father even if they live in the same old. He hug him and his Father caressed his back.

"There is another reason why I accept to be engaged with Angel Dad. Its not just because of the merger." Mew told his Dad.

His Dad look at him confused.
"Why? Is their any problem Son?"
"I can't afford to ruin Gulfs life Dad. If Angel tell to the public that Gulf is dating a man they will criticized him. We all know that Gulf is a public figure and they know that he is not a gay. The public will not accept Gulf's sex preference.
He will ruin them. And Angel know about us. He is threatening me to expose Gulf's sexuality and I can't afford to ruin Gulfs life, Pops" Mew confessed to his father. He felt better talking to his father he missed having a conversation with his old man.
"I love Gulf so much that's why I'm doing this."
His father tap his back.

"Son. I think you need to clear the air with Gulf. You need to talk to him. You need to confess everything to him. And then you decide what you two will gonna do next..I know Gulf love you so much. And I think he will understand if you will tell him what's happening.
I know he's been hurt when he know about you and Angels engagement. I sent Angel to tell him about your engagement so he will be the one who will leave you first.I'm so sorry Son." His father confessed to him.
He let a deep sigh. He dont know where he will find Gulf now.
He doesn't heard about Gulf's whereabouts for 6months.

🍃🍃🍃