Chapter 2: Trouble

Fluke flopped his back on his bed. He let out an exasperated sigh. He needed to find a job as soon as possible or else he is doomed.

Fluke stares at the ceiling as his thoughts travelled back to what happened last week that causes him to become jobless.

-Flashback-

Lunchtime was always the busiest time of the day for Fluke. He works as server in a diner that is located at the central business district in Bangkok, that is why lots of people are flocking their way to the diner specially during their break time to have their lunch.

Cling Cling! The bell tied at the top of the door swung side by side hitting against the door as four tall men with their muscles bulging in their black shirt walks in. One of them who has a dragon tattoo on his right arm who is seems to be their leader is swaggering his way through the crowd as the others followed him from behind. They ignored all the annoyed 'hey' from customers they bumped as they made their way to the cashier.

Fluke is occupied in taking and serving orders that he did not notice the arrival of those people, not until a loud knocked on the countertop caught his attention.

“Oh no, Tao is here.”  He muttered.

Tao is a loan shark. Fluke borrowed money to him to provide for his mom medical expenses. But unfortunately, his mom soon passed away after battling with her illness. Left Fluke alone with debts to pay.

Fluke walk slowly towards Tao when the latter saw him and gestured him to come closer.

“What's up Fluke? I'm a sure you are aware why I am here today.” Tao said mockingly.

“I know, I'm a little late for this month's payment, but just give me some more time. I assure you that I can give you the payment with the interest. You don't need to come here personally.” Fluke said faking a smile.

“Of course I need to come personally, we are talking about money here. Money Fluke, money.” Tao said, leaning closer to him.

“Yes, yes. I know. Just please spare me this month. I promise I'll pay next month.”

“I don't think I can wait that long, Fluke. You know, I don't have lots of patience, especially when it comes to money.”  Tao said while rubbing his chin and glared at him.

“Just this once, please. I have been always on time in payments, it's just that this month I couldn't come up with enough money in time.” Fluke pleads, folding his hands together.

“How can I make him leave? I can't let him cause trouble here.”  He thought.

Tao looked around the diner and move forward towards Fluke and suddenly grab the collar of his shirt.

“You have no idea what kind of person I am Fluke, and what am I capable of doing. As someone that owe a lot of money to, you should cower in fear when you see me, even when you only hear my name, and even when you see my shadow. But I can't sense that you don't fear me enough. So maybe you need to be taught a lesson.” He releases his grip on Fluke's shirt and push him away.

He gulped. “Whatever you're thinking of doing, I beg you, please don't.”

But Tao didn't listen to him.

“Boys, you know what to do. Show him what true fear of us should be like.”

Tao's men nodded eagerly and with an evil grin, they went towards the tables as other customers watched in curiosity at what they did. They flipped the tables, broke the chairs, and threw the customer's food onto the ground. Plates and cup are thrown off as the broken pieces flying everywhere.

“Stop it Tao! Stop it! Stop this immediately!” Fluke run over to stop one of them, but he pushed him onto the ground. Fluke could have nothing to do as he watched them continue to destroy the place.

“That's enough.” Tao ordered to his men after most of the diner was damaged.

“You've got your lesson, I think this taught you to be scared of me. I'll see you after a month.  And tell your boss, sorry about this.” He winked. “I'll get going then.”

The four of them march their way out as they stepped over the broken glass and wood. Fluke eyes roam around the surroundings, contemplating the result of the mess Tao and his men left in the diner. All the customers were gone by now, they abandoned the place as soon as the chaos starts. He went to the door and flipped the sign to “Closed”.

His co-workers didn't say anything. Together, they clean up the mess.

After they're done, the boss calls Fluke, and he knew right at that moment that he screwed up.

“You know what am I going to say, right?” He asked with a grim expression.

“Yes, Phi Bank, and I apologized for what happened today. I'm really sorry.”

“You know what, you're a hardworking employee, and it saddens me to let you go, but I can't risk having a situation like this happened again. I hope you understand." Bank sighed.

Fluke nodded in understanding. He thanked him for the time he worked with him. He left without getting any money.

-End of flashback-

Fluke once again let out a sigh.

How he wish that he can live a peaceful life, free from all the worries and burden.

How he wish.