Chapter 7: Interview

As soon as Fluke stepped out from the elevator on the 6th floor, he heard someone called his name.

“Mr. Natouch?”

As he turned, he saw a slim figured woman almost a head taller than him. She looked around in her late 20s. Despite her beautiful face, she had a stern expression.

“That's me.” Fluke replied quickly. He felt nervous since he knew that he was late, all because of that jerk that blocks his way downstairs.

“Your late.” she said as she started walking towards an office. Fluke quickly followed behind her as the woman spoke again, “It's common knowledge not to be late in things like this. If you want to be hired here, you must at least 5 minutes early and never late.”

Fluke gasped. “I apologized for being late, Mam.”

She nodded. “Okay follow me.”

As they got closer to the office, Fluke saw the nameplate attached to the door, “Samantha Coates, Manager of the Human Resources Department.”

“It seems that Ms. Coates is so strict.” Fluke thought.

She opened the door and led them to sit down on the couch. Now facing each other, Sammy continue to talk.

“The CEO is on a business meeting so I will be taking charge interviewing you. So let's begin, Mr. Natouch.”

“Yes Mam.”

“Can you tell me, why do you want to work here?”

Fluke went silent, he won't deny it, the main reason he applied for this job is because of the salary offer. Even though his been thinking about it since yesterday. The salary offer was too good to be true. But with the situation, he's in now. He will go with whatever that will help him solve his problems.

Hesitantly, he breathed first before he speaks, “To be honest, I really need a lot of money. Long story short, I had a debt to pay, and the collectors are rushing me. And I thought this job offer will help me.” He explained.

Sammy went quiet for a couple of minutes, letting the information Fluke told her process. Fluke began to worry that Sammy would be going to reject him.

Everything is making him nervous now.

“We've reviewed your application, your last job was a server, and you never had any experience as a Personal Secretary, so why should we hire you?” He heard Sammy speak again.

“I may not have the experience, but I am sure I am well qualified for this job, I am a hardworking person and a fast learner. I am very eager to learn and very much willing to be trained. I also think I have a good understanding of the job and I believe that I can handle it with ease, so I'm hoping that you could give me the opportunity to work here.”

Sammy nodded.

“Well then, Mr. Natouch, expect to hear from us within this week or so about the job. It was nice meeting you, and thank you for coming today.”

“It was nice meeting you too, thank you very much for your time, Ms. Coates.”

And they stood up and gesture for a handshake.

🐻💙🐣

“So you will hire him?”

Sammy turned her attention to the person now entering her office.

“I think I don't have a choice but to hire him, Ploy. We badly needed a new personal secretary for the CEO.”

“That's great news.”

“Yeah. Lately, I struggle in searching for a new personal secretary because no one is applying for the position even though the salary offer is high. Maybe they heard about the CEO.”

“That's for sure.” Ploy nodded in agreement.

“I have lost count of the number of people I hire for this position for the past two years. And I will make sure that Mr. Natouch will be the last. I just hope that he could handle Mr. Thitiwat.”