Chapter 15 : I'm Sorry

"I told you, Ohm, you shouldn't work him so hard"

"It's not my problem if he is weak-"

"Ohm, this is not how you should treat your secretary. I'm convinced, you pushed him so hard that his body could not handle it anymore. Look at him, his tiny and fragile. And cute-"

"What if Prem learned about this? Cute huh! I will tell him that you're checking out on someone, and you find someone cute apart from him" Ohm said mockingly.

"Ohm, this is not about me and please, stop threatening me with Prem."

"Boun, no one is forcing him to stay. If he can't handle it, he can just quit and leave. As simple as that."

Boun let out a sigh of defeat. Here we go again, his cousin being hard-headed.

"Okay, just let him stay here for at least a couple of days for him to rest and regain his energy. I gave you already the prescription, so please take care of him. I'll leave you now, I have to do my rounds. Ill check on him later." Boun said before finally exited the room.

🐻💙🐣

Fluke can't help his tears rolling down his cheeks. He kept his eyes close and pretended to be asleep, but opened it right away when he heard his boss' leave the room. He was still trying so hard to make his sobs not to create any sounds, but he couldn't anymore. He was holding this for a couple of minutes because he doesn't want Mr. Thitiwat to know that he heard everything he said a while ago. With all the efforts, and hard work he does for the past days, this is all he got? But what can he do, he had no options left? He can't lose this job. Not until he paid Tao fully.

Little did he know, the cold-hearted CEO caught him in such a state. He just came back from the pharmacy to buy medicine and food for his secretary and pay the bills, but what welcomed him is a tiny creature silently sobbing and wrapped in his hospital bed blanket like a cocoon.

Ohm felt a rush of guilt upon seeing his secretary. He realized he has gone too far this time. A couple of minutes passed when Ohm noticed that Fluke stop crying, but then startled when his secretary suddenly move and lift his blanket as his gaze landed directly into his spot. Ohm froze for a moment, but recovered after a few seconds and then walk towards the bedside table, putting down the medicine and food he bought outside.

"Here is your medicine, eat first before you take it. Here, I buy you food too. Eat." He ordered, while he remained standing beside the bed.

Fluke slowly get up and lay his back on the headboard. He is feeling better now, crying at least lessen the heaviness he felt in his heart. During this time, when he is sick, that he missed his parents the most. The thought of missing his parents formed tears into his eyes again and it's too late to hide it from the CEO, so he just bow his head instead.

Ohm sigh. His heart started to feel heavy as he saw right in front of his face his crying secretary. But one thing he must admit and agree about what Boun told him a while ago. This "Natouch" is cute, even he is crying.

Ohm shook his head and as he is trying to erase the thought he had in mind, he sat down and reach for the paper bag and took out the container. He took the spoon out and open the container and scoop a spoonful of porridge.

"Natouch, stop crying and eat this first, so you can take your medicine after."

Fluke raised his head and to his surprise, Mr. Thitiwat, was holding the spoon and was about to feed him.

"Hey, Natouch! Are you going to stare at the spoon forever?"

"I can manage, Sir, you don't have to do this." Fluke insisted.

"I am the boss, and you are still my employee. So, you must follow my order. Here. Eat."

As a reflex and to avoid argument, Fluke lean forward and slowly, Ohm spooned the food inside his mouth while his left hand is hanging below his chin to catch the food that might fall. This goes on until the container is empty.

"Thank you so much, Sir." Fluke murmured.

Ohm remains silent. Instead, he reaches for the paper bag again and took out the medicine.

"Here, take your medicine." Ohm said as he slowly put the medicine to Fluke's mouth, followed with the water to drink.

"Thank you again, Sir."

"Stop saying thank you, Natouch. I am doing this so that you can go back to work ASAP. And you're still not done with the presentation, aren't you?"

"Yes Sir. I will present it, once I get better."

"Good." Ohm replied, while he cleans the hospital bed side table.

Fluke, despite being annoyed with his boss, can't help but smile a little as how this cold-hearted CEO move around the room. He remembers everything that Doctor Boun told him about his cousin. Who would have thought that this man has this gentle side of him. "Or maybe he has been like this all along.." He thought.

"What? What are you smiling at?" Ohm asked.

Fluke's smile immediately fade. "Uhm. Nothing."

"Okay then, I'll go ahead. Don't worry about the hospital bill and everything. All is settled. I hired a nurse to look after you while you are here. And my cousin is one of the doctors here. So I'm expecting for you to be in good shape as soon as possible."

"Yes sir, and thank you again."

Ohm did not answer, but instead walk his way to the door. But before he could finally hold the door knob, he turned around and face Fluke.

"Natouch."

"Yes Sir?"

Ohm, took a deep breath first before he utters;

"I'm sorry."

And as fast as lighting, he grabs the door knob and left.

On the other hand, Fluke was left in shock and later chuckles. It was a faint "I'm sorry" but these words somehow ease his heavy heart.