Chapter 13: Tired

Fluke went through another year of reports and his eyes felt so dry that he needed to borrow Ploy eye drops. Coincidentally, Ohm called him from the intercom and said that he will be out for lunch with his cousin, in which Fluke is truly thankful for. So, he didn't waste any more time, and he headed to the cafeteria to get his, again, delayed lunch.

When he came back, there was a blue sticky note on his laptop.

“Where the hell did you go? Get to my office now!”

He crumpled the note and throw it in the trash can and went to his office. He knocked loudly and waited for his permission to enter.

“Come in.”

Fluke pulled the door open and see Ohm was sitting on his desk, looking at some files. He didn't bother to response with his greetings and didn't even give him a glance, so he clear his throat to get his attention. And it did.

“Where did you go earlier, Natouch?” he asked, still not looking at him.

“I went to get my lunch, Sir.”

“Does that mean you finished looking through all the business reports Ritprasert had from 2011-2020 already? And had the PowerPoint made too?” Ohm said, finally looking straight at him.

“No, I still have 4 days left.”

“Then you shouldn't be getting lunch and wasting your precious time!”

Fluke raise his eyebrow, he can let this man step on his right as an employee. “You can't stop me from getting lunch, Sir. Every employee has the right to get lunch, don't they?”

“You better have it on time. I won't be giving you any extra time, even if you go on your knees and beg me.” He replied, and return his gaze to the files at his desk.

“Don't worry about that, Sir, I will assure you I will have it done on time." Fluke said as he gave his wai and left the office and went back to reading.

🐻💙🐣

Fluke was the last person again to leave work today. And that was all because of Ohm. Not only did he read those files where he got until the year 2016 at the end of the day, but Ohm also tell everyone to feel free to ask for Fluke's help if they have errands to do. And  that's exactly what everyone did. Not to mention that his very kind boss even requested him to buy his coffee and food from a restaurant that takes an hour of travel back and forth before he could reach the company. Only to find out that the same restaurant has its branch one block away from their company.

It was 1 in the morning by the time Fluke finished all his work. He quickly switched off the lamp and picked up his things. He hurried over to the elevators and pressed the button impatiently. The darkness of the office was creeping him out.

30 minutes later, he arrived at his apartment. He was so tired, but he managed to cook noodles for his again, delayed dinner. Since he was hired to work for Ohm, he always had his meals late. After he had his dinner, his eyelids could barely stay open. It felt as if there were super heavy weights pulling them downwards, making it impossible for them to be open. He flop his body on bed, and soon he fell into a deep, peaceful sleep.