Chapter 6: Small World

“Ahem!”

Fluke turned around and found an annoyed tall man standing while glaring at him with his sharp eyes that its very familiar to him.

His arms are crossed over his chest as if he was a little kid who was not getting what he wanted.

“What do you think you're doing? Do you know who I am?” The tall man asked. Each word filled with anger.

“No I don't. Should I need to know who you are?” Fluke replied nonchalantly.

“Excuse me?” It seems that the tall man got even angrier with Fluke's reply that his arms were no longer crossed, fists were clenching as his face becomes red.

Fluke was about to confront the man, but he remembered his purpose, why he is even there. 6th floor, he still had to go to 6th floor. So, he turned his attention to the elevator.

He sighed, “When did the elevator even close?”  He quickly pressed the elevator button once again.

“Hey! Are you listening to me?” The tall man exclaimed. He grabbed Fluke's wrist as he forced Fluke to face him. “Take another elevator, I don't like other people sharing it with me.”

“Dude! That hurts! Let me go!” Fluke winced as he tried to free himself from the tall man's grasp. When he is finally free, he saw red marks left behind around his wrist.

“Did you just call me 'dude'?”

Ding! The elevator arrived again.

Fluke didn't waste any more time, he rushed into the elevator and ignored the man. He pressed the close button desperately, thinking that it might help to close the door faster. “Come on! Hurry up!” He thought.

The tall man was left shocked outside the elevator. It came as an insult to him that someone, called him “dude”. And not to mention that the petite man is very familiar to him. But before he realized it, the doors had already closed. Right in front of his surprised little face.

Fluke sighed in relief when the elevator closed, he hurriedly pressed the 6th floor button. A few moments later, he felt that the elevator begin to rise upwards. While waiting, he checked his reflection again in the mirror inside the elevator. He fixed his hair and check his long sleeve polo. At least, he still looked presentable despite he encountered some ill-mannered guy a while ago.

“Ill-mannered guy.” Fluke suddenly stop in his trance. “Damn! He's the same guy I bumped two weeks ago!” He gasped in realization, “What a small world indeed.” But at least it seems that the man did not recognize him at all.

Ding!

The sound of the elevator opening take him out from his thoughts.

6th floor. Shrugging off the unexpected encounter with the same man. He took his final glance at his reflection in the mirror in the elevator and stepped out.