Chapter 10: You!?

Fluke froze in his spot.

Apparently, he heard it wrong. The CEO was facing back and speaking with someone on the phone, and clearly it is an important call, since he did not notice him enter the room. And most of all, he is MAD.

Fluke doesn't want to cause any more trouble, so he chose to stood there and wait for the CEO to finish.

“Tell your department that I will not accept this proposal! Revise this trash and I want it on my desk before lunchtime! Or else, all of you are fired!”

Fluke trembled as the loud and angry voice resonate the room, followed by a pound in the table as the man end the call.

“And who are you? And when did you come in here?” A deep and sterned voice asked.

Fluke startled and quickly bow his head in embarrassment. “I'm your new secretary. I'm Fluke, Fluke Natouch.” He said, keeping his head down, did not dare to looked up. Fluke stuck his hand out for a handshake, which was ignored and left awkwardly in midair.

“You did not answer my other question? When and how the hell do you get in there?” His voice is now sounded angrier, and strangely sounded familiar.

“I-i heard you say that I could come i- " he was explaining but was cut off.

“I did not. You see, I was on the phone with someone very important.”

“I'm so sorry, Mr. Thitiwat, I must have heard it wrong that you gave me permission to enter while you were talking to the person on the phone. He explained, eyes still on the ground.

“I'm not buying your excuses.” He mocked.  “If you're going to lie, make it at least more believable. Do you think I'm stupid or something?”

“I'm not sure what I did that led you to conclude that I am lying. It was an accident and I did not do it on purpose. I didn't intend to make you angry, I was trying to follow instructions. I think you're being unreasonable here.” Fluke replied with a high tone.

“Excuse me, did you forget who are you talking to?”

He cannot take it anymore. He was getting yelled up for just an accidental mistake and worst this man did not even listen to his explanation and accused him of lying even though he was telling the truth. And why is that, the more he heard the CEO talking, the more he sounded familiar to him.

So, he decided to finally looked up.

And there he was…

The jerk man he bumped two weeks ago, the same man from the elevator the other day.

The moment they got eye contact, Fluke could see recognition glinted in his eyes.

“You!” He yelled.

“Y-your my boss? You're the Mr. Ohm Thitiwat Ritprasert? T-the CEO I'm supposed to work for?” Fluke stuttered in surprise.

“What the hell are you doing here?”

“Like what I have said, I am your new secretary.”

“What the hell! You're not qualified to work here! You're fired! Get out of my office!”

Fluke suddenly felt a shiver in his body. But he remembered what Ploy and Ms. Coates said. He must be tough, and hold to his position until he finished the contract. After all, he needed this job to pay for all his debts.

“But I am working under a contact, Mr. Thitiwat.”

Ohm brows furrowed. He quickly grabbed his phone and dialed someone.

“Sammy, what is this about not being able to fire…” He stopped and looked over Fluke.

“What was your name again?”

“Fluke Natouch”

“… this Natouch, can I not fire him? … I don't care if he's the 4th or the 5th secretary you hire for this month! … What??”

A few minutes later, Ohm finished the call and hung up. His fists were clenching together.

“Looks like we will be working together for the next three years.” Fluke flashed a strained smile.

Ohm glared at him, “Once those years are up, you'll be out of my company. Now, gather all the business records for the past 10 years and read them. Then, make a PowerPoint on how our profits have changed since then. I want that done and presented to me in a weeks time. Do you understand?”

“But that is a little time for me. I don't think I will be able to do all of that in one week.”

“So I'm right, you are not qualified to work here. Do you want something easier because you know that you are lacking for this position?” Ohm asked.

Fluke knew that his boss is right, but he will not let him know that.

“No, of course not! I will have it done in time, Mr. Thitiwat.”

“If that's the case, you better hurry then. Time is running.” Ohm said, raising his eyebrow to Fluke.