Chapter 18: Thank You

A/N: Hello there! A bonus chapter to make up for my error in posting wrong chapter. Thank you so much guys! Enjoy! 💙

“Don't forget to take the vitamins I prescribed you, Fluke. Don't work too much. And don't hesitate to call me if Ohm did something again.”

“I will, and thank you so much, Doctor. I'll go ahead.” Fluke smiled as he exited at his attending doctor's office.

He was advised that he could now go home, and apparently the doctor assigned to check on him is Boun, Ohm's cousin. Good thing that Boun was nice and a lot more approachable than his boss.

A few minutes later and Fluke was now at the hospital's lobby. He was waiting for Earth who went to the restroom when he saw an old man walking and then suddenly lose his balance and stumbled on the floor. His eyes widen and quickly run towards the old man to rescue.

“Grandpa, are you alright? Help! Help!” Fluke shouted, trying to call the attention of the medical personnel that could assist them.

“I'm okay, son. Thank you so much, I just feel dizzy.”

“Your family should not let you come alone here in the hospital, grandpa.” Fluke said, as he supports the old man to stand up.

The old man wasn't able to answer Fluke as medical personnel rushing through their spot with a wheelchair and carry the old man to the emergency room. As Fluke followed the retreating figures, he took out his phone and send Earth a message.

“Wait for me at the lobby, Earth. I need to check on someone.”

🐻💙🐣

“Thank you for your help, son.”

Fluke smiled. He is now sitting beside the old man's hospital bed. He had no plan of leaving him alone, not until he has his family to accompany him.

“Your welcome grandpa. How are you feeling now?”

“I'm feeling so much better. May I know your name, son? “

“I am Fluke, Fluke Natouch.” Fluke replied as he gently holds the old man's hand.

“I apologize for causing you so much trouble today, Fluke.”

“No worries, grandpa, it's alright.”

Their conversation was cut short when, suddenly, Fluke's phone rang. “For a while, grandpa, I have to take this.” He said and take the call.

“Earth.”

“Fluke, where are you? Are you going to let me wait for you here at the lobby forever?”

“Okay, okay. I'll be right there.”

“Please, hurry. You need to take a rest too.”

“Okay.”

Fluke shift his gaze to the old man. And it appears that the latter understand everything.

“Don't worry, Fluke. Someone is coming to accompany me here. You can go ahead.” The old man insisted.

Fluke let out a sigh. “Okay, grandpa, you take care of yourself.”

“You too soon. Thank you again, Fluke. I hope to see you again soon."

Fluke nods as a response and headed his way out of the room.

🐻💙🐣

“My gosh Fluke! Where have you been? You know that you're not yet recovered enough. You should not move too much, the doctor told you to rest, right?! What am I supposed to do with you! You stubborn little chick!”

“I'm alright Earth. Don't worry.” He replied, scratching his head. Here he goes again, Earth acting like his mom. He's grateful to have a friend who worries so much for him, but every so often Earth is overly dramatic. Fluke can't help to not chuckle, but Earth caught him on the act.

“What? Natouch? Are you making fun of me?”

“No I'm not!" Fluke exclaimed. “Let's go Earth, so I could rest now.”

Earth rolled his eyes, as his best friend's walk passed through him. Even he knew that Fluke is lying, he loves his best friend so much that he can't afford to get mad at him. Earth just shook his head, and follow his best friend's lead eventually.