Chapter 5: Hopeful

Beeeep. Beeeep. Beeeep. Fluke was awakened by the loud sound of his alarm clock. 7:15 am. He reluctantly got out from his warm sheets and snatched the alarm clock from his bed side table and turned it off. Yawning, he sauntered into the bathroom.

Fluke wear his light blue long sleeves polo and black trouser that he especially bought for this day.  He would have worn his old clothes, but this one is different. More important than the others. He must be presentable in any way possible. This job could or will solve all his problems. His debt. His overdue rent. And a plus, he got a new place too. He couldn't lose this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

For the ninth time, he check his self in the mirror. When he is sure that he is good to go, he takes his bag and headed out of his apartment.

🐻💙🐣

Fluke grabbed a taxi and told the driver the address. While on the ride, he can't help himself to imagine how the interview would turn out. Hopefully, everything will be alright.

Before he realized it, the car had stopped in front of a tall building.

“Here you are, Sir. Ritprasert Group of Companies.” the driver said, looking to the right. Fluke followed his gaze and stared in the window in total awe. But why was he surprised after all?

Ritprasert Group of Companies. They are the largest and most powerful business empire in the country. Known to be the owner of numerous chains of shopping malls not only in Thailand and in other South East Asian countries.

The driver cleared his throat, taking him out of his thoughts. He stared at him expectantly as he tapped his fingers on the steering wheel.

“Oh, I'm sorry, here!” Fluke handed the taxi fare with an apologetic smile and quickly got out of the car. The taxi quickly drove off as he headed to the entrance.

As he got closer he saw that at the above door entrance, a sign read: “RITPRASERT GROUP OF COMPANIES” in golden colored block capital letters. Standing on both sides of the doors were two muscles bulging men in their black suits, where Fluke presumed to be the security guards. He walked past them and went to the front desk.

A lady sat at the desk with her black hair tied neatly in a bun and red lipstick applied on her thin lips. She is wearing her white blouse topped with a black blazer and pencil cut skirt, were Fluke assumed their company uniform. In her right chest, a golden name tag is pinned. “Pineare Pannin, Receptionist”. She was busy typing something in her computer when she noticed his presence. He felt her eyes looked at him up and down.

“How may I help you?' The lady then said politely.

“I'm looking for Ms. Sammy Coates.”

“May I know who you are?”

“I'm Fluke Natouch. I got a call for an interview today.”

“Oh yes. Ms. Sammy is on the 6th floor, you can head on over. She is expecting you.”

“Okay thank you.” He walked over to the elevators located at the farthest end of the building and pressed the elevator button. As he is waiting, he heard a “good morning” coming from Pineare at the front desk and then footsteps heading in his direction. The owner of the footsteps stopped beside him, but he did not bother to see who it was.

A few minutes later, the elevator doors slowly opened.

Fluke took his step forward when he hears someone cleared his throat.

"Ahem!”