Chapter 4: The Call

Fluke kept staring at his phone for half a day now. Anxiously waiting for a call from the Ritprasert Group, but no one called. His hope to pay his debts through that job seems to be impossible as of the moment.

“Fluke, don't be so naive. Do you think you can work with such a big company? Are you out of your mind?” He scolded his self.

Fluke is a graduate of Marketing Management 2 years ago, but he wasn't able to practice it because right after his graduation his mother was diagnosed of having colon cancer.  It would be easy for him only if his father is alive, but unfortunately he also died in a car crash when he was only 3yrs old. That is why Fluke chose to focused first in taking care of his mother. Since no one would do it for him.

Fluke sighed.

To get rid with the boredom and his thoughts to all his problems. He decided to clean his apartment.

It was late in the afternoon when his phone rang. It was a call from an “unknown” caller. He smiled, maybe this is the call his been waiting for the whole day.

“Hello?” He answered breathlessly. The ray of hope was revived, shining brighter than ever. “Who is this?”

“May I speak to Mr. Fluke Natouch?”

“Yes, speaking.”

“Hello, this is Ritprasert Group calling, we are glad to inform you that you are scheduled for an interview tomorrow for the position of the CEO personal secretary.

“Oh my god, I can't believe this.” Fluke exclaimed in happiness. “Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity! What would be the time I need to go there?” He asked.

There was a sound of computer keyboard rattling before she replied. “8:30am in the morning. Would that be alright with you?

“Yes no problem.” He replied.

“Okay that's great!” She said cheerfully. “When you arrive, ask for Ms. Sammy Coates at the front desk.”

“I will, thank you.”

“Have a good day, Mr. Natouch.” And the other line end the call.