Chapter 14: Black Out

Fluke worked nonstop the next couple of days. Every second were extremely precious. He was getting close to finish reading the reports, but the errands Ohm and his other co-workers continuously ordered him were getting in the way. He had to alternate between reading the reports and doing errands for everyone. And it's getting him annoyed for days. If it's not for his debts, he will not let anyone abuse him. But he couldn't do anything about it. He just shrugged it off and continued to work hard.

By the time Friday rolled around the corner, Fluke was beyond exhausted. He barely got any hours of sleep these past few days. Every night he finished around 2-3 in the morning and then at 6:00 am he had to get up and get ready to go back to work.

But despite all of that, he finished reading all the reports of the business transactions from 2011 to 2020 and all he had to do was to make a PowerPoint presentation.

🐻💙🐣

Fluke arrived an hour early, as usual. He doubled check his report as he waited for Ohm to arrive. He is not feeling well, and he felt like a zombie, he had no sleep since he finished his PowerPoint presentation at home and work over it even during his off.

Riiiiinng. Riiiiinng.

Fluke sluggishly picked up the phone.

“Come to my office now.” He heard from the other line before it hung up.

Fluke typed a few more words on his laptop before standing up from his swivel chair.

He knocked first, and when he heard the permission to enter, he groggily open the door. Halfway there, he began to feel light-headed. The world seemed to be spinning. But he managed to get into Ohm's desk. Fluke somehow noticed that Ohm seemed to have observed that he didn't look well. He thought he would be nice for once and ask him if he was okay or something, but he looked away without a word and took out a file from his desk.

“Hand this over to Nancy on the 5th floor.”

Fluke nodded. He turned around and about to leave the office when Ohm spoke again.

“Don't forget you have to present your PowerPoint when you come back.”

“I didn't forget.” Fluke replied.

🐻💙🐣

When he came back, he went directly to Ohm's office. He was speaking with someone on the phone, so he waited for him to finished. He patiently waited for him to ask him to start his presentation, not having the energy to even complain.

“Let's go to the conference room for your presentation, Natouch.” Ohm said and got up after he is done talking to his phone.

Fluke nodded and quietly followed him out and to the elevators. They stood silently side by side as the elevator went up and went to an empty conference room.

Ohm sat down and gestured him to set up the PowerPoint. Fluke plugged in his flash drive into the laptop and turned on the projector. He turned off the lights, leaving only the light of the projector and then finally he went next to the projection of his hard work to start.

“In 2011, Ritprasert….” His head began to spin. “Ritprasert Group of Companies worked with… worked with…” Fluke looked at Ohm who was watching intently, and he saw a tiny, a very tiny, flash of worry in his eyes. His focus on him began to fade as he felt himself lose strength in his legs before everything turned black.