Chapter 8: I Got The Job!

“Oh my God! Really? I got the job? Thank you, thank you, thank you so much!!” The mere thought of him paying his debts brought him so much happiness and relief.

Fluke is now at Ms. Coates office again after he had received a call from her yesterday.

“But…”

“But?”

“Since you are aware that we offer salary beyond the normal, we have certain conditions that you must meet.”

“Yes? Whatever it is, I will do it”. Fluke replied, hoping that they won't be hard on him.

“You have to be tied down to the company for several years. That way, you will earn the money you need to pay your debts, and we get the personal secretary we need for our CEO without the risk of you suddenly leaving us.”

“Well that made sense” Fluke thought. He didn't mind being forced to be a secretary, as long as he can earn money to pay his debts. Plus, there are more benefits included in the offer. It wasn't like being a secretary was anything out of the ordinary, just a typical office position.

“May I know how many years are you thinking? And is that the only condition you require?” Fluke asked politely.

“I was just about to get into that. You'll be working for us for three years, and that is not the only condition. We expect you to toughen up against our CEO and hold your position the entire duration. He has a personality that is a bit difficult to manage.”

That didn't sound too bad, three years at a nice company sounded better than working as a server in a diner. Fluke smiled. “That's fine. I can do that.”

Sammy gave a nod of satisfaction. “So its settle then. Let me prepare everything and the contract, so you could sign it today, and can start working immediately.”

🐻💙🐣

Fluke just came back to his apartment after his meeting with Ms. Coates from the Ritprasert Group, when he got a notification from Bangkok Bank app.

฿50,000 has been deposited to your account from Kasikorn Bank with account ending 6938. Your new balance is…

“Wow, that was fast!” Fluke exclaimed. He did not expect that his signing bonus would be transfer right away.

He did not waste any time. Fluke transferred 16,000 baht to Mrs. Alin's account for his rent. And 30,000 baht to Tao's account for his debt's monthly installment. When it was successfully done, he quickly sends Tao and Mrs. Alin a message.

Fluke felt as if he could finally breathe. The portion of his debt was paid. He is very delighted how everything is doing well now. Life is hard for him since his mother died a year ago. But now, its seems that everything looked so much brighter for him.