Chapter 19: Error

Two Weeks Later.

"Shit! What should I do?"

Fluke eyes widened as an error occur as he tried to open the file needed for the business deal meeting today. He peeked out the door, looking to see whether anyone was coming in or not.

"Mr. Thitiwat will probably kill me!" He whispered to himself. Although there was a glimmer of relaxation in him, he can't help himself to feel rattled inside with the situation he is in now. He looked at the wall clock, 10:50 am it says. The meeting will start at 1:00pm.

He was still on his laptop, trying to figure out how he could resolve the problem, when he felt a dark aura in front of him. Mentally, he cursed multiple times. "Why the heck was he already here?"

"What. Are. You. Doing?" And there it was, his ever so kind boss, Ohm Thitiwat.

"Sorry, sir, but the file we needed for the meeting was corrupted. I'm still fixing it," Fluke replied gently.

Closing his eyes tightly to calm himself, his breath became rigid when he felt that his boss was getting even closer to him. Nearly jumping in shock as he felt his boss lean closer to his ear and speak.

"Did you know that I need them right now? What the hell, Natouch. I trusted you to do this, but looked at what you had done!" He said. His voice gives a shiver to his body.

Fluke wanted to scream that it was not his fault. It was the damn file who got him in trouble, and he had no idea what the hell happened to the file.

"Sorry Sir. But don't worry, I will fix it before the meeting starts." he mumbled.

"You better be, I can't afford to lose this deal, Natouch."

🐻💙🐣

"Mr. Fluke Natouch?"

"Yes, it's me. Anything I can do for- I did not order anything, are you sure that's mine?" Fluke asked as his gaze shifted to the papers bag the delivery man was holding.

"Yes Sir. It was named for you." The delivery said, gesturing him to sign the delivery receiving form. Hesitantly, Fluke accepted the food delivery, despite he doesn't know where and who it came from.

Fluke smiled as he started to checked out the containers from the paper bag. "This looks delicious." He mumbled. It was right on time, and he was hungry fixing the files for the meeting.

For the past two weeks since he returned after being hospitalized. Someone is sending him food every single day. He wondered who it was, so he tried to ask Ploy and the other staffs if they knew who was sending food to him, but they had no idea as well.

Fluke almost tripped the food in his hand as he heard the phone rang. It was his boss calling, for sure. Slowly, he picked up the phone. "Where are the documents, Natouch?"

"Coming, boss!" Fluke hurried to his office with the printed copies. Good thing, he was able to fix the problem before the meeting starts.

He gently open the door and seeing his boss bent over some papers made him relax a little. It claimed that he was safe as his boss was busy with something. Of course, this is not an assurance that everything will be okay, not until the deal is closed.

Fluke gripped the printed papers tighter to his chest.
"These are the documents, boss. And this is also the flash drive for the presentation. I already checked it and it is fine."

Ohm's swivel chair slightly backed away as he felt the presence of his secretary enter his office. But he did not bother to look at him as he continued to sign some important documents.

Fluke took a glance at him first before leaving. He went back to his office and strived to have fresh air to calm himself. After he came back from being hospitalized, he thought that Ohm might at least be gentle on him like he was in the hospital, but he is wrong. He sighed. "Maybe he did all of that so that I could return to office ASAP. Hold on a little Fluke, you need this job to pay for your debts."

🐻💙🐣

"Natouch!"

Fluke felt that his heart is going to jump out of his chest when he heard his boss from the other line.

Earlier, Fluke was praying that he would not notice the documents that got crumpled a bit and hid behind the neat ones. He did not reprint it because he was rushing and running out of time and the printer was not helping as it continuous to paper jam. It is nearly lunchtime too, and he wanted to eat already. He learned his lesson for skipping meals, and he would rather not be hospitalized again because of that.

But now that his voice sounded furious, he knew he already saw them. Sloppily he walked into his office, he was praying that his boss would not do anything to fire him. Even though he was tied up with the company with a contract, he knew he got zero percent of a chance if Mr. Thitiwat use his money and connections to break the contract.

He held his breath as soon as he opened the door and regret his decision to look at him as when he met his eyes, they were like digging holes in his body.

"What the hell did you do? Don't you know that these documents are very important to me?" Ohm said furiously.

Ohm Thitiwat was one of the famous businessmen because of his hard work and dedication to his work. And as Fluke working for him for a couple of weeks now, he noticed how perfectionist his boss is.

"Sorry, Sir. It was not my intention to. I just want to-"

"I don't need your excuses!" He cut him off. His eyes glazed over as he roughly dropped the documents over the table. He stood up from his table and walk towards Fluke.

"You're so dead, Fluke." He thought to himself. He shut his eyes tightly, waiting for what is going to happen next.

"Go get all the papers on my table and put them into the shredder, I don't need them anymore. The meeting was cancelled and the deal was rejected. A 20 million baht deal was rejected, all thanks to you, Natouch," Ohm said, smiling, but sarcasm could be heard in his tone.

Fluke eyes widen to hear what happened to the deal. It was all his fault that he was irresponsible earlier just to finish up early so that he could eat his lunch immediately. He didn't want to cause any more trouble, so he quickly moved to follow his boss order, but being clumsy that he is, he tripped over his shoelaces.

But, the expected fall on the floor did not happen. Fluke felt strong arms wrapped around his waist. He looked up and was greeted by the sharped dark eyes, thick eyebrows making a straight line, pointed nose, and luscious lips. "Those luscious lips." He thought. He was daydreaming that those lips were pressing on him and could have watched the beautiful scene in front long enough when he felt a pain in his ass.

"Stop fantasizing about me, Natouch."

Fluke snapped back to reality, realizing that his boss had plunged him on the floor and his ass kissed it. Frowning, he stood up as he instantly remembered the documents that cost his pain.

He gave him a respectful smile, masking his annoyance. Although deep inside he wanted to curse him right on the spot. Following his walking figure with his glare, he decided not to chase him anymore because he might get even angrier.

Fluke bit his lips, realizing what happened to the deal. They did not close the deal that was important for the company, all because of him. He took a deep sigh. The thought of what will be the consequences of this, are giving chills to his body.