The plan

Y/n Carter's POV

September 1996
Dear diary,
I'm past feeling like there is nothing here for me anymore .
People say their are 5 stages of grief denial,anger ,bargaining,depression and acceptance well I'd like to add one more .
Revenge.
That's what I'm here for ,I'm here for him .

I glanced up from my diary to see lots of students past my carriage ,I was sat by myself trying to find some peace before starting this whole other life .

I had a plan of course I had one you don't go into a unknown place trying to get revenge without a plan.
I needed to be normal I needed to blend in so that's what I was going to do.
————
A few hours later .

I was now waiting with the first years outside the great hall.
I thought I'd be nervous but I wasn't I didn't really feel anything?
We all walk in and line up ready to be sorted into our house .

I knew which house he would be there was only one answer for him and that would be slytherin.
So that is what I needed to be .
It would be a lot harder to get to him otherwise but I'd work around that I've got more back up plans then anyone .
Plan A , Plan B , Plan C and you know how the alphabet goes Right? .

"Y/n Carter" the woman called out who I knew to be professor McGonagle .

I walked and sat on the stool so I could get sorted .

"Slytherin!!!"
The hat shouted as soon as it touched my head.
I was a little surprised as I was a half blood and slytherin was known for its blood purity.
The table cheered and I went over and sat on the end .

"Oi Carter don't sit down their with the first years come sit up here ,you are a 6th year student after all aren't you?" A blonde boy called out to me .
I knew him as Draco Malfoy and you might think he was being nice by what he just said but his face and how he said it told me different.

"Piss off like I'd want to sit with you anyway"
I spat back as I ate my food.

That's when all of Malfoy's little friend group came and sat next to me along with Malfoy as they told the first years to piss off and sit somewhere else just like I expected.

"Well that wasn't very nice was it?" A brunette boy spoke to me with a smirk .

"I'm sorry am I supposed to be nice to people I've never met?" I say not even looking up to acknowledge the boy .
I knew it was Theodore Nott I knew who all Malfoy's group was I had to in order for my plan to work .

" ouch ,that hurt i thought we could've been best friends" the boy mocks as he puts his hand on his chest to try and act like his heart is broken .

"Ignore these two prats they are assholes I don't even know why I hangout with them , I'm Sylvia Roy" she said honestly trying to be nice .

"Y/n Carter" I said smiling at her .

"So why are you only just starting in the 6th year like we're you home schooled or.." I cut the girl off.
"Yes I was by my grandfather" which was a total lie but who gives two shits it's not like they are gunna know.

"Oh very cool so um you should totally join us at the back to school party tomorrow night it's a good ice breaker for the first years so it definitely should be for you" the sliver haired girl spoke ,I wondered if her name Sylvia was because her hair was a sliver colour?

"Yeh sure is their alcohol?" I say very casually.
As I brush my hair out of my face with my hand.
"Hey maybe I will like this girl" Theodore said smirking at me .

"Well I doubt she will like you Nott your not exactly fun to be around" Draco said as he just looked at me.
I forgot he was even here he hasn't said anything the whole time .
I noticed as he was looking at me he jolted his head to see around me . I turned and saw that he was looking at who had just came in late to dinner Mattheo Riddle .

"Where the fuck have you been"
Draco said as Mattheo sat opposite me and Draco next to Theodore.
"Mind your own business yeh" Mattheo said not bothered about Draco's stroppy attitude.

"Who's she?" He said only just noticing that I was sat directly opposite him .

"Her names y/n Carter she's new and she's in her 6th year like us she was home schooled so this is her first time in a school like this" Sylvia said to Mattheo.

I stared at him ,he wasn't what I thought he would look like ,he didn't look evil at all I thought he would be uglier but he wasn't .

"I'm Mattheo Riddle" he said bluntly.
I just nodded.
Trying to hold in my pure Hatred I had for this boy even tho this was my first time meeting him .

"Where's Pansy?" Theodore spoke randomly trying to break the awkwardness.

"Probably shagging some 7th year in her dorm" Draco sounded bitter .

"Look Draco just cuz she dumped your ass last year doesn't mean you can be rude about her she is still our friend but your probably right she loves the boys and girls" Sylvia said .

I wasn't even paying attention I was looking at my plate till I felt these eyes on me so I looked up to meet Riddles gaze .
He looked like he was trying to read me try to get in my head it was strange I just rolled my eyes and went back to eating.

Sylvia invited me to dorm with her I agreed as it was be perfect to be close to Mattheo .