The mark

Mattheo Riddle PoV.

I wake up next to the girl I call my girlfriend , a lot of people might think this is perfect, a nice lay in with a beautiful woman but it's not so perfect when your having to sneak off leaving the woman you care about to see your shitty accuse of a father.
I left her a note under her pillow .

Y/n I'm going for a walk I'll be back later .
~ Theo xx

I quickly get dressed and head out .
I have to travel because of the protection charms , so much hassle.
Luckily Sylvia slept in Pansy's room last night , not walking in on me and Y/n cuddling.

Travels to Malfoy manor .

"Father" I nod at him , I see all the inner circle death eaters at the table .
"You've fixed the cabinet?" My father asks I nod.
With help from Kai and Tabitha I had fixed it which meant the next step of his plan.
"Yes father I have" I nod and he invites me to the table.
I sit down next to Bellatrix she laughs as I pull my chair in .
"Why am I here?" I say bluntly and the whole table laugh.
I gulp and narrow my eyes at my father .
"You've done what I've asked Mattheo, you have one more job, you know what that is but you can't do it without this can you?" He points to his arm at the mark.

My chin wobbles slightly, months ago I would happily get the mark without even thinking twice , but now everything has changed I've changed.
My father advised me not to get the mark until the second part of the plan was in the works just in case someone tried to expose me as one of them.
I knew when I fixed the cabinet that this day would come a lot quicker then expected but now? Really right now?
I nod trying not to say anything.
"Don't tell me you're having second thoughts?" My father hits the table as he gets up walking behind my chair.

"He's having second thought!" My father announces to his death eaters as they all Evilly cackle at me.
"This doesn't have anything to do with a girl does it?" Bellatrix growls , excusing me of Betraying them.
I scoff looking at her "you know I was conceived under a love potion I can't feel love or anything that strongly for anybody to betray you"
What I say is true , I can't feel love , if I have I don't know what It feels like considering I've never experienced it.
So how would I know if I loved someone?
When I was little I was expecting it to just happened, that I would love my father or mother .
Feel something anything .
But I didn't .

My mother got killed and I didn't shed a tear , I didn't love her like I thought .
I was truly broken.
I could care for something or someone if it benefited me but LOVE? No I wasn't capable of that.
I was going to tell Y/n but I couldn't not yet.
I still wanted her, needed her , it was selfish , but then again that's something I understand , selfishness.
"Very well then, do it give the dark Lord your arm!" She grabs my arm pulling my sleeve up.
I struggle against her and she tilts her head smirking .
I relax knowing I can't show weakness not in front of her or anybody sitting at this table.
My father points his wand at my arm and I grunt feeling the darkness shoot through my veins .
Making a mark that makes me who I am , making a mark that will define my whole life , define how people see me , how I see myself and others.

It was done , I was one of them, I was a death eater .
Bellatrix laughs along with all of the death eaters as they watch me inspect the mark.
My eyes were glassy, I didn't want this.
I pull my sleeve down , not wanting to see it anymore.
"Welcome my son" my father holds his arms out .
Waiting for a hug.
I was disgusted not only at him and who he is but who I was, who I now am.
I get up joining him in a awkward hug .
"We will see you very soon" Bella licks her teeth as she watches me walk off.

I get outside , away from the manor and break down .
I couldn't breathe .
I sat against a cold stone wall with my head in my hands.
I started hitting the floor so angry , why couldn't I be someone else .
Anybody else.
"Fuck!" I shout punching the stone wall , nearly breaking my hand.
My breathing was heavy, I couldn't feel anything not the pain of my crushed up hand not the hatred of the mark or my father.
All I could feel was emptiness the feeling of knowing your totally fucked and there is absolutely nothing You could do about it.

——

Y/n Carter POV

I wake up feeling happy , a lot happier then what I thought I'd be.
Happier then what I been.
It was only slightly ruined when I noticed Mattheo was no longer by my side.
I sit up taking in the beautiful cold sun light that peered through my window.
God I loved nature , it looked warm outside but it was so deceiving , as I knew that it would be chilly with wind that would make you shiver.
People would start wearing coats, hats and scafs to keep warm.

I use to love winter, the feeling of Christmas approaching, how exciting.
But since my parents died I hated it, spending it alone.
What a sad , lonely existence.
But today I woke up feeling the love I once felt for the season.
That was because I was no longer alone or empty.
My smile widens as I notice the note Mattheo left me.
I've never felt what I feel for Mattheo with anybody else.
I didn't know what I felt, I didn't have time to question my feelings for him.
As the feelings I have for him totally consume me and I was ok with that.

I open the note , it said he was going for a walk and that we would be back later.
I get excited knowing I was going to see him.
I get up shower , wash my hair and get changed .
I change into something warm.

I notice Sylvia's bed was empty, I wonder where she was

I walk out down to the commons then to the hall to see Pansy and Sylvia talking.
They were all over each other .
"Hey" I smile at them both joining them.
"Hey! How you feeling?" Sylvia raises her eyebrows at me wondering if I had a hangover.
"I'm fine I didn't really drink last night how are you two feeling?" I smirk and then giggle.

"Ok so we're together" Pansy confesses and my eyes widen.
"That was um- fast"
"Yeah but we both thought it would be best, we really like each other and don't want to waste any time" Sylvia kisses Pansy's cheek.
"Good! We can all spend Christmas together?" I suggest and they agree.
"Hey little ladies" Theodore comes strolling over , looking very pleased with himself.
"What's go you in a good mood?" I question as he sits down next to me.
"What can I just not be in a good mood?" I laugh at him .
"Your never this chirpy" Pansy adds and I nod agreeing with her.

"Ok okkk, I'm the new beater on the quidditch team!" He smirks raising his brows at me, I roll my eyes at the boy.
"Maybe you could all come watch me? At practice and then we go get butter bears?"
I look at Sylvia and Pansy waiting for there response.
"When is it?" Sylvia asks as Robin comes skipping over.
"What's when?" She grabs some toast off Pansy's plate sitting down next to her.
"I'm on the quidditch team now , I was just saying how you guys should come watch me practice then we get butter bears.." he fills Robin in who automatically says she'll come watch.
"Like I was saying when is it?" Sylvia asks again .
Theo rolls his eyes at he tone.

"Tonight at 5-6?"
"Sorry can't I've got a detention with Snape" Sylvia pouts .
"I'm in" Robin says yet again .
"Yeah same" I agree smiling at him.
He smiles back nodding .
"I can't I've also got a detention" Pansy smirks at Sylvia.
Oh .
"Oh sure a "detention" right" I playfully roll my eyes .