Ben Drowned

How to be skinny? |

You typed on a computer, or phone, or any device while trying to suck your stomach in. A small line flickered beside those words, waiting for you to add more. Below it were previous searches in purple text somewhere along the lines of diets that won't starve me or exercise for fat people.

How to be skinny? |

You stared at the words for a while and then tried to press enter.

It didn't work.

You tried again. Nothing. After smashing/tapping the enter key 24 times you figured you should just shut down the device You reached for the shut down button.

A website suddenly popped up. Maybe startling you.

Cleverbot.

You didn't click on this.

Bot: Hi :)

You tried to click/ swipe out of it. You couldn't. You reached to shut down the device with the physical shut down button.

BEEP.

There was a sudden ear piercing noise and the screen corrupted with glitches. The site page went from white to black and the text turned green. And the username of the bot turned into BEN.

BEN: You can't leave yet.

Maybe you felt your heart curl in terror.

You stared at the computer before slowly typing back.

You: Who is doing this?

BEN: Read the username, babe.

Babe.

Maybe the nickname made you cringe. You pushed your courage in and typed another question.

You: Are you a hacker?

BEN: Oh, I'm so much more.

You: Did you block my internet connection?

BEN: You ask a lot of questions and I don't think I should answer all of them.

Maybe you glared at the screen, agitated and nervous. Or maybe you felt full on panic, that you were having a full fledged conversation with a potential hacker.

What did this person want-

BEN: You know there are plenty of skinny girls who aren't healthy. Skinny isn't always the solution.

BEN: You have these thoughts because of certain profit companies. It's a pretty well done mind-f system- these big cooperations advertise on big posters- junk food and candy and then show plasters of skinny models to the side of that.

You had to re-read the statement.

BEN: Normally I won't care about people suffering shame. Infact I'd be entertained. But. No.

BEN: O n l y   I  c a n   s e n d  y o u  i n t o   t h a t  k i n d  

o f 

  i n s a n i t y.

Your device screen went black.

It was silent.

A hand suddenly came out of the screen, each finger bending. You suddenly saw red. You were frozen, unable to move. A bleeding face.

The laptop slammed open and out came a blonde spritely looking teen boy. He wore all green, and a green hat whipped behind him.

H e y  t h e r e .

_________

chubbygirlexe. has been saved.