"History repeated itself, didn't it..?"

TW//Suffocation, suicide, insanity, explosion, death

Characters Included: Wilbur, Tommyinnit

SHORT!

Wilbur's POV

I was walking peacefully in a forest before I heard the familiar sound of a block being placed. Then, strangely enough, I heard someone mumbling something to themselves in a nearby cave. 

I wonder..?

I walked towards the sound and entered a cave and when I looked inside, I froze in horror. 

Is that Tommy..? In my old clothes?.. 

"What are you doing?" I asked, slight pane of panic evident on my face. Tommy slowly turned his head towards me. His eyes were red. 

He's.. insane.. 

"Oh Wilbur.." Tommy began, standing up, suspiciously keeping his hand behind his back. "It just.. wasn't meant to be..!" 

I recognized those words. I recognized them far too well. 

What..? What does he mean by that..?  

"Wh-what do you mean?" I looked at his hand that was just out of view, behind his back. 

Is that.. a button?! 

"History repeated itself, didn't it..?" He asked, his voice almost.. sad? Wait. Wait, no. No, no, no. This can't be happening. This scene is all too familiar. That button activates TNT doesn't it? No.. no, no, no..

"WAIT! TOM-" 

Click! 

As soon as I heard the button press, I saw Tommy raise his hand in a salute. I heard TNT ignite.  

SSsss...BOOM!

The TNT exploded in a fury of red, white, and yellow. Except this wasn't a celebration. In that moment I felt anything other than excitement or happiness. I felt pure, unrestrained, horror. I swiftly covered my face with both of my arms, to protect myself from the flying shrapnel that was speed-flying everywhere. The top of the cave began to crumble above my head. I dove out of the cave as fast as possible, unable to grab Tommy out of there as well. He was crushed in the rubble. Dust flew up into a huge murky fog that attempted so hard to cover up the message that appeared on screen. But alas, it had failed to even begin to cover up the sadness that followed.

Server: Tommyinnit suffocated to death.

"TOMMY!!" 

I called for Tommy as loud as I could over the ear-splitting sounds of more boulders falling down, over the dust cloud. Even though deep down, I knew. 

He was never going to call back. 

386 words