~ Chapter 18 ~

The Necto Trolls had been passed, now they had to proceed with the plan of attack... Without being noticed by the cams.

So why had Barb just bypassed the biggest tower, where everyone could see her ?

In the security room, Mr. Dinkles stared with a careful glance at all the screens in front of him, connected to the cams... Seeing the rock troll who was going around a tower, far from the front door, he dropped himself on a button;

- .... MEW.

The sound was heard like a thunder throughout the whole palace.

In their bedroom, the king and queen shudder in their sleep; Branch opened his eyes for a few seconds, but seeing his wife's face asleep, he buried his nose in the hollow of her neck, covering her with soft kisses before sinking back into sleep.

On Barb's side, the plan worked; the Pop Zombies gathered around the queen of rock in a few seconds.

- AH! She startedle, you scared me ! She laughed, I'm sorry I bothered you... The middle of the night is a bad time to want to talk to my old friends of the dongeon, isn't it?

Wani-Pop and Tressy exchanged a confused look, it was Hickory who pushed Chazy Bieber out of the way to scream at her;

- What are you doing here? He asked, his pink eyes shone in the darkness.

Barb began to tell them a story without any sense. Behind the cameras, Mr. Dinkles was well forced to keep an eye on her, confused by the situation.

On another camera, Mixy, Tiny and Trollex could be seen running toward the big door. Mr. Dinkles had not seen them in time!

- Trollex! Tiny and I will look for an entry by the aerations ... Find a way to get in while Barb distracts them !

- What?? Wait, I thought I had to follow you through the...

- They are too small ! Tiny explained to him, Trollex, you won't pass in there !

Mixy was forced to think... Then he saw a guard who single-handedly guarded a small door of the north tower of the palace.

This guard was not just anyone... Under her painting and armor, Mixy knew there wasn't a bigger heart than this one.

- Over there ! The north door, go convince the guard to open the door to you ! Mixy tells him, convinced of his idea.

- WHAT ?! Mixy wait ! Are you crazy?? Trollex panicked, he began to tremble with fear.

Despite the shell he had built when everyone had rejected him for his appearance... In that precise moment, he was no longer sure that he wanted to joke around and laugh about any situation.

- Uncle Trollex, trust me! Go win back the heart of your girlfriend! Mixy pushed him before he and his glitter-covered best friend disappeared into the areations tunnels.

Trollex found himself alone, that was not planned.

- M-My girlfriend? But what is he saying ?... Trollex murmured, troubled; how could a troll even have feelings for him with the nightmare look he had?

However, he had no choice but to enter this palace before the Necto Trolls managed to destroy the barrier for the next part of the plan... Then, trembling as never before, he discreetly headed for the north tower.

The door was well and truly locked, and only a small balcony was above... No sign of guard that Mixy had noticed a few seconds sooner... Could he just climb up to the balcony?

... But no sooner had he come out of the forest than an arrow with a mashtato at the tip hit his head.

- Ouch ! He groaned in pain.