Chapter 2

My eyes fluttered open to the warmth of the sunlight beaming through my apartment window. Last night hadn't hit me until my eyes looked around and landed on Alex sitting on the floor with his back against my room wall fast asleep.

I was a little confused about what happened. I wasn't sure if Alex had mated with me or not. The only clue I had was that my clothes were still on. I exhaled sharply, grateful that he hadn't taken the opportunity to do what came natural to him.

"A-Alex," I whispered, attempting to roll out of bed, only to feel that excruciating pressure simmer within me. I was very much still in heat. I didn't understand why my body was reacting so harshly to Alex. The only thing that seemed to help was him touching me.

"Alex!" I moaned out.

The alpha jerked awake a little disoriented. His button up shirt was slightly unbuttoned and his hair was a mess of tangled strands.

"Hey....are you okay?" The rich boy asked me once he stood up. I wanted to tell him no. I still felt that hunger inside of me begging for him. I had never felt this way for any Alpha before. I had promised myself to only ever give myself to someone who deserved it. Not some stranger I didn't know anything about. Alex was just some guy I shared a few words with at a bar. We were virtually strangers. He didn't even know my last name. All I knew was that he was engaged to his pregnant fiancée.

"Why is this happening to me," I began to cry. I was terrified of what might happen if my heat didn't fade out with in the next 24 hours.

Alex shook his head with frustration, quickly pulling his phone from his pocket.

"I promise to take care of this. I'll have someone here to..."

"No!" I shouted. I didn't trust anyone else. I barely trusted him. He didn't know what it was like to be alone with someone else while in heat. The fear that they might harm me was a nightmare that I never wanted to have.

Alex looked up from his phone with a desperate expression. "Oscar, I can't stay here with you. I was supposed to be home hours ago," he told me. There was a look of fear written all over his face. The idea of his fiancée finding out probably lingering in his mind.

"Then leave me," I replied. That was the the best option. Despite this longing feeling in my stomach, I'd rather suffer alone than with some strange person.

"I can't just leave you. I...I did this to you. The moment I saw you I..." Alex paused, looking down at his shoes with realization. What had caused him to stop talking so suddenly. What did he see?

"You what?" I asked him.

"Nothing, it isn't important. I just want you to know that I didn't mean for any of this to happen," he replied. It was hard to imagine this being an accident. The only way for a royal Alpha to trigger an Omega's heat was to imagine mating with that omega. His dominant presence automatically through my bodies natural chemistry off, forcing my hormones to go wild.

An engaged Alpha thinking of me in such a way freaked me out. Why was he interested in the first place? Shouldn't his priorities be on something more important.

"I have to leave for a few hours, but I promise I'll be back to check on you. I don't feel right just leaving you to deal with it on your own," Alex explained. A huge part of me didn't want him to return, but the need for him inside of me literally hurt.

"The suppressants...can you get them for me before you leave?" I requested. I knew they'd do very little to mitigate my symptoms, seeing as I was already in heat. All they ever did was prolong the inevitable and sometimes help with the pain.