Chapter 8

Athena arrived earlier then I expected. I was still fixing my hair when I heard the knock on my door. I quickly ran to it, opening it and invited her in.

She looked around the place curiously as I ran back into the bathroom to finish my hair. "Sorry, I can't go anywhere if my hair is all over the place," I apologized.

"No worries!" She shouted back from the living room. When I heard her footsteps near me I looked into the mirror meeting her eyes.

"I love your apartment. It's so cozy," she complimented. I smiled back at the pretty girl, finding it increasingly hard to believe that Alex didn't want her. She was way to nice.

"Thanks, I really took my time decorating," I replied, finally finishing my hair.

Athena took one good like at me and smiled brightly. "Your very handsome Oscar. You alpha's a lucky guy," she said. I blushed lightly, wondering if she still felt guilty about yesterday. She didn't need to be over kind to me.

...

On the car ride to the flower shop I stated out the window as Athena's driver drove us to our destination. It was the first time in a while that I actually took the time to look outside. New York was such a busy city. People were everywhere ignoring each other as they walked to their destinations, completely unaware of the world around them.

"Are you from here?" Athena asked. I glanced at her and shook my head no.

"I'm from a small suburban town in Utah. So the when I arrived to New York I sort of fell in love with it. There's always something going on whether I want it to or not," I explained.

"What about your alpha. What's his name? Where is he from? Is..."

"I don't mean to intrude, but we've arrived," the driver announced. I released a shaky breath thanking the driver for saving my ass.

Athena then grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the car with her. We both walked into the flower shopped only to be instantly swarmed by the workers holding different flowers and color combinations.

"This is why I need help. There so many and I can't choose," Athena sighed.

"Well do you have a theme yet?" I asked. I could tell by the look on her face that she hadn't even determined a location yet.

"To be honest Oscar, I have no idea what I'm doing," she laughed.

"Okay then...lets start from scratch. I have a plan," I smiled. I then turned towards the shop keeper and gave my best award winning smile.

"Do you have anywhere private we can discuss some things?" I asked the lady.

"Of course!" She exclaimed excitedly. We followed the lady into the back room where they probably made their bouquets. A large wooden table sat in the middle of the room while many gardening and handy work tools lined the wall.

"Thank you so much. We'll be right out with a decision in a few minutes," I told the lady. She nodded and left us to our planning.

"So let's start off with a theme. Is there anything you had in mind?" I asked. Athena shook her head no. For someone who was getting married in a month and a half she sure hadn't prepared for any of it.

"I'm not the creative type. I just kind of sit there and look pretty," she explained to me. The was a little bit of shame on her face when she said that.

"Hey, don't worry. There's nothing wrong with not knowing how to do something your expected to do. That's why you called back up," I said, pulling out my phone. I began searching for themes before Athena place her hand over my phone.