Chapter 16

2 Weeks Later

There was something about being a new opa (omega father) that garnered extra attention from everyone. I didn't think people cared, but it all started to change when I finally started showing. I couldn't shop for basic necessities without being asked for help. Random people went out of their way to reach for things that were to low or high.

I was always asked if I needed help when I walked into stores. Other omegas or beta women would always smile at me or go out of their way to talk to me. I wasn't used to this sort of attention. Especially when Alex was with me. He was like a magnet when we were together. People always felt the need to comment on what a beautiful couple we were and would even go as far to say that out baby would come out looking even better.

"What if it's a girl?" Alex asked as we walked into the hospital. Athena had just given birth to her and Patrick's baby boy an hour ago and we were all coming to support her.

"Bella or Rylee with two e's," I replied as we stopped at the receptionist desk. The lady looked at us before rolling her eyes and pointing down the hall where all the commotion was coming from.

Alex thanked the woman and we began walking towards the room. "What about boy's names?" He asked.

"Ezra or..."

"Ezra?" Alex said cutting me off. He had completely stopped walking and looked at me with an intense stare.

"What, it's your middle name and I think it's cute," I explained, finding myself blushing from how happy this was making him.

"This is why I love you," Alex commented, kissing me on the forehead before we walked into the noisy room that everyone was in.

Athena was surrounded by her parents and Patrick's parents along with an emotional Patrick and a tired looking William. I wondered where Alec was. Maybe he just couldn't make it.

"Alex!" Patrick exclaimed. He ran to his best-friend  hugging him. This gave me a clear view of their baby. He was definitely Patrick's son. The light blond curly hair that sprouted from the new borns head made me laugh a little. His skin was the same as his mother's and his eyes a deep blue like his father's.

Athena caught me staring, her smile widening when I noticed. "Your next," she mouthed. I knew that and it scared me to bits to be honest. I didn't know if I was ready. It seemed so hard to comprehend what the feeling inside of me was.

"What's his name?!" Alex asked.

Athena was silent allowing Patrick to answer the question. "Patrick Jr," Patrick smirked. Everyone in the room laughed. We all knew how full of himself Patrick could be and naming his first child after himself was a given.

"Aww...that poor child," William commented, earning another slew of laughs that quickly died down when Patrick Jr began to cry.

"See, he doesn't like when you make fun of his daddy," Patrick frowned jokingly.

"No, he's just upset that he has to deal with you for the rest of his life,"
Alex teased. I laughed at the friendly banter, still wondering where Alec was. Normally he was cemented to William's side.

I pulled on Alex's sleeve getting his attention and informed him that I needed to use the restroom. I quickly exited the room and walked down the hall and into the restroom. I don't know what possessed me come in here, but I knew it was for a good reason.

When I heard crying coming from one of the stalls I peeked in and saw Alec sitting on the toilet balling his eyes out.

"Alec?" I said softly as not to frighten the omega. His smooth face suddenly appeared as he quickly stood up to open the stall. He then pulled me inside and locked it behind him. I stared at him completely confused until I saw what was in his hand.