Chaper 5

I looked around at all the distant faces, feeling somewhat discouraged.  As I predicted the app and software development teams were not happy in the slightest. The moment I was announced as CEO many of the Alpha's in the room felt the need to voice their opinions. Opinions that would go otherwise unheard if I was an Alpha.

"I don't understand, what do you know about creating apps? All I've ever seen you do is work inside of Mr. Coles old office," one of the employees pointed out.

"Your right, I don't know anything about app development or how the software works, but that isn't my job. My job is to insure things run smoothly and effectively while also keeping harassment free work place. Tell me do you know where to get the parts for the software that we design?" I asked him plainly.

"Well no, I just assumed..."

"Do you know how much it costs to keep running app building software? Do you know anything about making sure the payroll is up to date so that every one gets paid on time? Do you know anything about maintaining good standing  with the corporate directors and/ or Alex Ruygrok who now owns most of the company? Do you have any idea how to make tough decisions so that we can keep everyone here employed while not going bankrupt? There are things that i'm suited for and that your suited for. Im good under pressure and your good in a creative space. That's why I was chosen as CEO," I stated confidently. Everyone looked at me with a general consensus, agreeing that I wasn't just some omega who didn't know what he was doing.

"And as of today some things are going to change around here. Each and every one of you will go through a sexual harassment training. There have been many complaints about a certain group of people being talked to a certain way or touched inappropriately. Anyone who refuses will be terminated," I explained sternly. There wasn't anything else for me to say. I had exerted my first impression on them and forcing them to agree or else. I wasn't someone who backed away from a challenge in the work place.

"I think they're scared of you now,"Alex chuckled when I entered my new office. I expected him to be in here. I also expected him to lock the door behind me and pull me into a passionate kiss that lasted only a few seconds before I pushed him away.

"Hey, why are you still..."

"Your future wife showed up at my apartment this morning. She's been tracking your phone," I informed him. His eyes expanded with fear. He was way to careless about this.

"Don't worry, I told her  that you were at my place to tell me that I got the position and accidentally left your phone. So I don't know where you went the night that we were..."

"I'm sorry Oscar. I shouldn't have put you in that situation. You shouldn't have to lie for me," Alex said.

"What choice do I have. This is bad for me to. Do you know what this makes me look like. Your gorgeous fiancée doesn't deserve this. She doesn't deserve to be lied to and cheated on. She's worried sick about you keeping things from her," I brought up.

"So, what are you trying to say?" He asked.

"I'm saying, that this thing between us...it needs to end. We can't see each other like this anymore. You need to go home and handle this. Go to the woman you promise to be with," I suggested.

"And just leave you here? Leave you to deal with the fact that you'll never find another alpha..."

"I can always find an beta Alex. I still have options," I interrupted. That was my only option. To be with a beta male.

"But your heats."

"It's fine Alex. As long as I know...

"No you don't understand. That pain you felt wasn't just a one time thing. It's going to always be that way," he explained.

I glared at the Alpha feeling a little sick. Was I now expected to mate with him just to take away the pain of the pressure inside of me when in heat. Was I now forced into potentially having his bastard baby.

"Oscar, say something," Alex begged.

"What do you want me to say? That I'm happy about all of this. That I'm excited that in the near future I'm going to secretly have your baby and be forced to silence," I spat.

"Oscar..."

"Just get out of my face!" I shouted. Alex stood there with a stupid idiotic look on his face, unsure of how to calm me down.

"Please, just take a breath and relax. Us arguing won't do anything. Just give me some time to figure things out and I promise you I'll make it better,"Alex said.

"How Alex? Do you just want me to wait around and watch you get married? Watch you be happy with someone else? Watch you..."

"I don't love her Oscar," Alex flat out said.

"What?"

"I don't love her. I'm only marrying her because I got her pregnant and my parents are forcing me to do it," he explained.

"I thought she was your girlfriend?" I questioned.

"She was...is...I was going to break up with her but then she got pregnant. I couldn't just leave her like that," Alex replied.

Knowing that it was never his intention to marry her didn't give me any sort of reassurance. It only made things worse in my mind. It meant that Alex wasn't playing the player game because he could. He was playing it because he wanted me, but also wanted to keep things from turning into chaos.

"Why'd you mark her if you didn't love her?" I asked him.

"I didn't mark her until she admitted that she was pregnant. I thought that it would somehow make me feel different. That it would make me want her again like I did when we first met, but then I saw you. You quickly made me realize that I wouldn't be happy with her," he explained. This was to complicated for me. There was no way to go about this without someone ending up hurt or worse and I had a funny feeling it would be me.