Chapter 17

"I've finished all the weekly reports this morning and emailed Google about the partnership deal that was discussed in last weeks board meeting," Noah informed me the moment I walked into my office. I hadn't even sat down before I felt overwhelmed with information.

The cute beta boy was working way to hard for his own good. He was going above and beyond when I never asked for it. "Noah, you can relax. I want this job to be as stress free as possible for you. Your my assistant not my slave," I explained to him. The boy nodded obediently but I could tell he didn't understand a word I said. He was naturally a hard worker and there was nothing I could do about that.

"I'm sorry Mr. Nicholls..."

"Oscar's fine," I corrected him feeling weird hearing my own last name. For some reason I was imagining being referred to as Mr.Ruygrok. The idea of Alex possibly proposing at anytime had my thoughts occupied.

"Oscar...it's just that at my last job, my boss demanded so much. I know you told me not to stress out about all that needs to be done, but it's my job. I was hired and told by management to make sure you don't over do it," Noah explained. I was starting to think that Noah being hired wasn't just a coincidence. This had Alex written all over it. He didn't want me to stress out to much because I was pregnant. It was quite common for people to treat pregnant omegas like they weren't capable of doing normal things. Especially an overprotective Alpha.

"I wonder if he knew you were a beta," I grumbled to myself, forgetting that Noah was literally standing in front of me.

"Who...do you mean Mr.Ruygrok?" He asked.

"Umm...yes. I have a hunch that he hired you based on your resume and excellent references. He must've assumed you were an omega," I explained. Noah looked at me with confusion before realizing what I was inferring.

"Oh...No! Oscar I..."

"It's okay Noah. He's just overprotective. It's nothing against you personally," I explained to the now red beta. Noah placed both of his hands on his head, sinking his fingers into his curls.

"I'm so sorry if I've unintentionally ever made you uncomfortable. Sometimes my eyes have a mind of their own and..."

"Noah it's fine. I don't expect you to not look at me when we talk to each other. That's a little weird. Besides, the single omegas and betas in the staff seem to love you," I smirked, making the boy turn an even deeper shade of red.

It baffled me that he hadn't realized everyone ogling over him. Even some of the Alpha boys in the app development department had an eye on him.

"I...ummm...I don't know what to say," Noah stammered. I looked at him curiously wondering if he ever even thought about courting someone.

"What's your type Noah?" I asked, while sitting on the edge of my desk. His soft eyes suddenly eyed me before shooting to the floor when I noticed.

I was his type.

"So is it just omegas that you like or do you prefer them to be male?" I interrogated. Noah was extremely uncomfortable, but I knew he'd answer me simply because I was his boss.

"Male...I-I'm gay," he stuttered out. The fact that he identified was surprising. Most people didn't identify at all. They just courted whoever they liked and that was the end of it. Obviously there was lot of history behind being an Omega in an Alpha run society or betas having certain preferences. We all didn't always have the same rights at one point in time, but that was neither here nor there.

"Then why haven't you met a nice omega guy yet?" I asked him. Noah had the looks and his shy personality made him a catch. He was also very soft spoken and respectful. Any omega would love to be with him.