Chapter 15

I looked at the expression on Alex's face as he gave Patrick a bro hug. It was weird to think that just a week ago, Alex would've been taking care of his son completely ignorant to the fact that it wasn't his.

"Are we good?" The tall blond alpha asked.

"Bro if we weren't, I wouldn't be here," Alex replied, smiling at his best friend. I was honestly baffled. He was hiding so much from Alex. How could he possibly forgive him that easily. Then again, I didn't know what kind of history they had. They were best friends for a reason.

"You shouldn't be surprised. They've known each other since diapers. It'll take a lot more than this to break them apart," Alec commented. This was a lot more. What could possibly be worse than finding out your best friends was mating with your fiancée behind your back.

"Alex also doesn't take things to seriously. He forgives very easily...well that is until you mess with something he loves," Athena added while smiling at me. She looked like she was ready to pop any minute. Her belly was beautifully outlined in the sun dress she wore. Even in pregnancy she looked magnificent. Despite me ending up with Alex I was still a bit envious of how gorgeous she was.

"You know...everyone seems to be pregnant except you Alec. Don't you think we should..." William was quickly cut off by the short omega glaring at him. I had never seen an Alpha cower in fear the way he did.

"Why not?" Patrick asked, butting into the conversation. William looked like he was seconds away from running. Alec turned towards Patrick and smiled evilly at him.

"Because I'm not ready yet and it's really none of your concern either!" He said through his teeth. For someone so short he was very threatening. However, I did understand his hesitation. Having a child meant that for a time we had to put our own lives on hold. Alec was a financial advisor and ran many important business on the side. He was basically in the prime of his life.

"Woah, ok. Don't bite me,"
Patrick joked, throwing both hands up in defense. Alec stormed off before any of us could say anything else.

William looked a little saddened by the whole ordeal. For some reason I thought there lives were perfect. Alec seemed so content with his relationship with William.

"Every time I even mention anything about a baby he gets like this," the tall alpha sighed.

"Are you two even having sex?" Athena asked openly. We all stared at William as he nodded his head.

"Lots of it. It's just...he doesn't want to have baby. I'm not going to force something on him that he doesn't want. It's just...all my life I've wanted to raise one. I'm an only child so I've always wanted to a big family," he explained. There was some obvious insecurities that Alec had about child bearing that he probably didn't want to face. I understood him very well because I never personally wanted to get pregnant at first.

"Have you guys talked about maybe having one in the future," Alex asked, while consuming me into his arms. His hands rested right on my belly comforting me as William shook his head no again.

"He gets really upset every time I bring it up. Either it's about his career or he doesn't want to be forced into this motherly roll. I know he's struggled a lot with being an omega. I remember back in highschool when he used to hide it. I just thought that maybe...I don't know...he'd get over it," William explained. He was frustrated with it all. I could tell by the tone in his voice.

It was weird to see how human all of Alex's rich friends were. They all had their own set of problems and it allowed me to be a little more comfortable despite the situation.
...

I sat next to Alex in the back seat of his car as his driver drove us home. His hand rested in mine as he looked out the window deep in thought.

"Do you feel like I forced you into having my child?" He asked out of no where. I stared at him like he had lost all his screws in his head.

"We're both young adults who decided to have a sexual relationship. Why would I blame you for something that's a result of mating, especially during my heats?" I asked him.
(Note: The legal adult age in this book is 16)

"I know, it's just I was completely ignorant to how you felt about it. I just assumed it's what you wanted because you decided to keep it. I mean look at you. Your a new CEO. Your career is just now starting and..."

" I don't care about all of that. I thought I did, but at the end of the day all that ever mattered to me was my happiness. What we have together, that's my happiness. What's growing inside of me, that's my happiness," I explained bluntly. My career could wait if it meant that I could spend time building a family with Alex.

"Then what if I tell you that I've been thinking about marrying you?" He whispered into my ear. My heart stopped for a total of 5 seconds. Alex had definitely lost his mind. This was still so new to me and we were just now getting to a place where we knew everything about it each other.

"Alex..."

"Shhh...I said I've been thinking about it. I haven't even proposed yet," he chuckled. Once I wrapped my mind around it, why would I not agree to it. I was already pregnant with his baby and he loved me dearly.

"Should I be the one your telling this to?" I asked him. This kind of information was reserved for someone like Patrick.

"No, but the thought gets me so excited that I couldn't help myself,"Alex replied. Part of me wondered if this sudden admittance was a reaction to my new assistant Noah. I knew Alex felt slightly threatened by him and it honestly made him that much more sexy.

I smiled at my alpha and leaned over to kiss his him. "Well I'm waiting for you to ask the question Alex," I said to him when we broke apart.

The Alpha's Paramour जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें