Chapter 11

I knew Alex was wealthy, but I hadn't realized the extent of it until I was sitting next to him in the backseat of his BMW while his driver pulled into his parents estate.

The large property took up most of the block and housed a beautiful mid century white brick and limestone mansion that had probably been remodeled several times over the years.

I was a nervous wreck. I wasn't to enthused about meeting Alex's parents when they were expecting him to marry Athena. I'm sure they already had a friendly relationship with her that was years in the making.

"They're going to hate me," I murmured out. Alex just clutched my had even harder, probably knowing for a fact that I was right. News still hadn't broke, but I'm sure his parents were very much aware of the wedding being called off.

"We'll be okay. It doesn't matter what happens. We can get through this together,"Alex said when the car came to a complete stop.

The driver opened the back door for us, letting us out. I looked around suddenly feeling like I didn't belong here. I was out of place. This kind of life style wasn't meant for me.

Before we could even make it the front door, it swung open revealing Alex's mother. She was a beautiful middle aged woman who didn't look a day over 25. There wasn't a blemish or wrinkle in sight on her perfect face. Her bright red lipstick slowly spread into a wide smile when she saw her son, confusing me. I thought she'd be disappointed or enraged that he'd bring his mistress with him.

However when her blue eyes landed on me I felt the judgement burn straight through my skull.

"Mother, this is..."

"I know what he is!" She spat, pulling her son away from me.

"Mother please. It isn't his fault. I..."

"It isn't his fault? He's the reason why the wedding was called off. He's reason why I won't see my son get married. He's the reason why I won't be able to see my grandchild!" She blamed. I felt like I needed the throw up again. It was like she could see straight into my thoughts and call out everything I blamed myself for.

"He's also the reason why I'm actually happy," Alex replied, snatching his hand away from his mother. She looked at us with a horrified expression, before realizing that there was nothing she could do.

"Well if that's the choice you make I can't  force you to change it," she sighed, stepping to the side to invite me inside. I didn't feel safe here. Alex had promised me that nothing would happen, but I just didn't feel comfortable staying under the same roof as people who hated me.

"I didn't change anything in your room since you moved out. I was saving it for my grand baby," she mentioned, glaring at me while closing the front door. I quickly looked away feeling intimidated by the older omega.

"You didn't have to do that," Alex replied.

"Well I was expecting to see him during the summers. Since you never come around anymore and your brother's busy in Paris with that new omega dancer of his," she explained sourly. Alex sighed and turned towards his mother.

"Mom, you have to understand that we're older now. We have lives to live and careers," Alex argued.

"I can see that," she fired back, staring even more intensely at me. She then walked passed me with a wicked smirk, finally acknowledging my status here.