Chapter 3

I didn't know how to present myself to the world. It was like my life had changed so much the moment he marked me. I was essentially invisible to Alpha's who'd normally cat call me or try to force a conversation. Even when I did daily task like grocery shopping or working out at the local park, Alpha's ignored me. I was used to being alone, but being invisible felt worse.

"Good morning Oscar? I feel like I haven't seen you in weeks, did you take extra paid leave after your heat?" My boss asked. He was a stern, and creepy Alpha who was pushing 40. He had an outgrown buzz cut and and a shaved face that made him look plain. He was also a disgusting misogynistic pig who liked to touch the omegas who worked for him inappropriately. He'd act like it was just an innocent mistake, but every omega in the building knew what he was up to.

Although, he had shown me a considerable amount of sympathy in hiring me as his office assistant. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew it was because he liked to look at me. I was young and he was an older alpha who hadn't settled down yet.

"Well...I...I had another heat," I admitted honestly. There was momentary confusion before his eyes fell to the bruising on my neck. His nose twitched smelling Alex's print on me. I instantly felt exposed. I didn't like that it was so obvious that I wasn't the pure innocent virgin omega anymore. How so many could just knew something so private about me from a simple pheromone.

"Mr. Cole, is there a problem?" I asked, meeting his judgmental eyes.

"Umm...yes...yes there is. You didn't tell me that you were seeing someone," he inquired. I was a little puzzled. What did that have to do with my job?

"I didn't know that was a requirement?" I replied. It wasn't like I was seeing someone. That someone just bulldozed his way into my life only to leave me to deal with the destruction of my old life. Alex hadn't called or texted me in days since it happened.

"Well, it's not. It's just...I thought we were friends. I tell you things and you tell me things," the man explained. I wasn't understanding. We weren't friends. He was just someone who told me to much about his personal life, liked to brush his hand against my butt, and happened to be my boss. I only dealt with his constant harassment and complaining about his shitty life because he promised me that he'd get me a permanent position here, paying a lot more money that what I was making.

"Mr. Cole, with all do respect. My relationship with my alpha is very....private," I told him. That was probably the only true thing about this all. Alex didn't want anyone to know for the sake of his relationship with his future wife. He wanted to hide me away like a regretful mistake.

"Private? If I would've known that you were dating someone I would've never hired you! You...ahem..." Mr Cole paused mid sentence as his attention adverted to whoever had just entered his office.

"Ummm...Mr.Ruygrok...uhhhh...what a surprise. Your here early," the aging man nervously said. I didn't even need to turn around to know that it was definitely Alex. It angered me that after days of no communication he showed up at my job shoving his dominating presence in everyone's face.

"Yes, I did just buy out your company yesterday and rebranding starts today," Alex replied with annoyance. Mr. Cole was co founder and CEO of DCE Apps and software development. I obviously lacked the skills to develop any kind of app, so the only job I could really do was secretary position or Human Resources. At least that's what I applied for only to end up as a personal assistant.

"Great, I'll call a board meeting as soon as possible," the man replied. I could feel Alex staring at the back of my head as he spoke.

"That won't be necessary Mr.Cole. I've been in a meeting with the entire human resource department all morning, going over the thousands of complaints sent in anonymously by your workers. You want to know what the number 1 complaint was?" Alex asked with a hint of venom. I felt the need to leave the office, but Alex stopped me before I could exit.