Chapter 12

When I woke I was in the IPU (in patient-care unit). The room had 4 walls, one of them being made of all glass with a big curtain in front to block any outside view.

"Finally, your awake. Alex was worried sick about you," Alex's mother said, scaring me half to death. I didn't notice her sitting in the corner with a TV remote in her hand. Her eyes were focused on the TV and she was dressed in a business casual dress. That let me know that a long few hours had passed.

"If your wondering why you fainted, the doctor said your hormone levels were all over the place. It's typical for an omega in the first trimester. Only not to that extent. In your case it's extremely rare," the middle aged woman explained to me. I didn't care about any of that. I wasn't comfortable being in the same room as someone who'd let me pass out without calling for help. If Alex hadn't announced my pregnancy would they had even cared?

"Where's Alex?" I asked forwardly. The woman smiled finally looking over at me

"Why does it matter? Can't you see that your just making his life harder? It's incredibly selfish of you. Then to burden him with a second child. You'd just be ruining his life," she said to me. She was right. I was nothing but a nuisance to their family. I wasn't even considered a person to them. I could just imagine what my own child would go through if I were to bring them into a world filled with that much hate.

"You have two choices Oscar. You can be selfish and take Alex away from everyone who loves him or you can set him free," the woman offered. She wore a serious expression on her face as her eyes leveled with my own.

"What are you implying?" I asked her quizzically.

"C'mon now Oscar. Your a smart boy. Alex doesn't have time for another baby and neither do you. Your a young boy, you'll find someone else who..."

"Are you suggesting that I get an abortion!" I yelled at her. Alex's mother placed her hand in front of her stopping me from getting even more upset.

"I'm not suggesting anything. Your allowed to do whatever you want Oscar, but if you really love my son...you'll let him go," she explained. I didn't know what to say or think. I was so offended that she'd even bring something like that up or even hint at the possibility.

"Get out," I said as calmly as possible.

"I can't do that. Alex isn't back..."

"Get out!" I shouted.

The woman jerked her head in shock, but quickly gathered her things. I could tell she knew she had overstepped every boundary with me.

"Don't be selfish Oscar. For my sons..."

"Get the fuck out!" I yelled, cutting her off. I wasn't going to let her in my head. I trusted Alex and only Alex. His words were the only ones that mattered to me now. However, I could shake this feeling in my gut. Knowing that I was possibly taking him away from the people he had known his entire life. I didn't want that.

"Mom, what did you say to him?!" Alex demanded as he came rushing in with what I assumed was my lunch.

"I didn't say anything. He just started screaming at me after I told him what happened," she lied. Alex looked me dead in the eyes begging me to tell him what was said. If I did that I knew he'd cut all ties off with his parents and he'd probably never see them again. So I kept my mouth shut.

"She suggested that he get an abortion," Athena exposed, stepping into the room. She looked at me with sympathy as Alex's mother looked at him with utter surprise.

"I wouldn't dare..."

"I heard your whole conversation Linda. You were trying to guilt trip Oscar into getting an abortion and fleeing New York without Alex's knowledge," Athena revealed.

"Alex, I was only trying to protect you. He..."

"I've had enough of all of this. I invited Oscar over because for the last 5 years I've struggled with my happiness. I felt so alone with my job, with my love life..." Alex looked at Athena. The pregnant omega frowned, but I could tell she understood were this was coming from.

"But then I saw him. He was this bright, smart, flirtatious omega that I couldn't take my eyes off of and the more I got to know him the more I wanted him. The more happy he made me, but today you prove to me that you don't care about any of that mother. You don't care about me being happy. All you care about is our image," Alex said, stepping his foot down for once.

"I've spent my entire life making sure you lived a perfect life. Then you go and..."

"I don't want perfect. I don't want a loveless marriage like you and fathers," Alex exposed. His mother gasped covering her mouth like she was offended.

"Don't act like you don't know. Father has so many mistresses that I stopped counting after I moved out. I don't want to be him and I don't want Athena to be you. Some bitter old bitch who can't tell when her son is happy," Alex confessed. My mouth dropped with utter shock. His mother was fuming, her face turning a steamy red as she marched away.

"Alex, should you have said all that, she is your mother," Athena asked.

"It's fine, my brothers said worse," Alex replied. Athena shook her head and began to laugh.

"It's funny, I came over last night to scare you away, but when Alex said you were pregnant I sort of realized that I was being  the selfish one. I never really loved Alex either. He's rich and I'm rich so it made sense that we marry each other. Like I told you before, all I do is sit there and look pretty. That's all I've ever done. That's all I was ever taught. It's my comfort and you existing ruined that for me, especially after you helped me plan for the wedding. I was wildly jealous of you. You had this warm and bright personality and you were willing to help me even after I was skeptical of you. If I were in your position I would've tried to destroy your life," she explained.

"So are you saying we're good?" Alex asked. Athena sat down and exhaled with exhaustion.

"Yeah, but there's one more thing..."

"What?" Alex asked.

Athena nervously bit her bottom lip before opening her mouth to speak. "Your not the dad," she admitted.