Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Swiped Right

The man holding the phone laughed and swiped right on my profile and even looked into my account. Tinignan pa niya ang iba kong picture sabay ngisi.

"Pasalamat ka sa amin, pare!" sigaw ng brown ang buhok na lalaki.

I looked at the man holding the phone and tried to remember his face even though it's a bit hard to see because of the colorful lights around the bar.

Once I got a good look of his face, I immediately sat properly on the couch and looked for my purse.

I got my phone out from my purse and looked into the dating app. Nagulat ako nang lumapit sa magkabila 'kong gawi sina Nica at Jade. I heard Jade dramatically gasped while looking at my phone.

"Hala, gumagamit nga ng dating app," lasing na bulong ni Jade at tinuro-turo pa ang screen ng phone ko. I signalled them to lower their voice, even though the background noise is so loud. Baka marinig sila ng mga lalaki sa kabilang couch.

Tahimik lamang na nanuod ang dalawa sa aking ginagawa. I tried to find the man's profile to match him. Marami-rami na rin ang mga nakikita kong mga lalaki na nag-swipe right sa akin, but I didn't mind them and continued swiping left on all of them.

Black wavy long hair with bits of stubble on his face. I also saw a little part of his tattoo on the neck, peeking through at the top of his black tight shirt. I didn't see his face clearly, because his back was facing me, but I knew just from behind that he has a nice body.

He has tanned skin that was flawlessly tattooed with black ink on his arm. It snaked from his arm to his neck and it looked like it reaches his hard chest.

After a few more swipes of left, I think I finally found his account. I looked into his pictures first, to make sure if it really is him.

Black wavy hair with tattoos. He didn't have any stubble on his face on these pictures, so I'm guessing these are some old ones. Now that I can see his face clearly from his pictures, I can say that he really is my type. Black hooded eyes, pointed nose, average-sized lips and pierced ears.

"Ano 'yan? Tititigan mo nalang?" makulit na tanong ni Jade. Binalewala ko ang tanong nito at ibinalik ang aking atensyon sa aking telepono.

Once I was already satisfied on looking at his pictures, I finally swiped right.

Kasabay ng aking pag-swipe ay ang hiyawan ng mga lalaking nasa likuran namin. Well, that's the confirmation that it really is him. "Pota, bro! Match 'oh!" rinig 'kong hiyawan nila. I even felt the back of the couch slightly shook from all of their movements.

Natatawa 'kong sinarado ang aking cellphone. Kunot noo akong tinignan ng dalawa 'kong kaibigan. "Lahat ni-swipe left, tapos isa lang ni-swipe right? Tapos pinatay agad? 'Di ka ba magtitingin pa kung may pogi?" nagtatakang tanong ni Jade.

"No, that was already enough," I said with a grin. "Why are you interested in other men?" I asked. "I mean, I can't blame you. If I were you, I would look for someone bette-"

Bago ko pa matapos ang aking sasabihin ay agad iniangat ni Jade ang kaniyang kamay at inilapat sa aking mga labi. "Shh..." she whispered, silencing me.

Gulat ako nang hindi pa rin tumitigil ang mga lalaki sa paghihiyawan sa likuran namin. Napatingin ako sa kaliwa ko nang gumaan ang couch sa aking gawi sa kaliwa.

Nadatnan ko na lamang si Jade na tumayo at pinatong ang tuhod sa couch. She reached for the laughing man that was the only one who was seated and poked it on the shoulders. Tumingin ito sa kaniya at pinagtaasan ito ng kilay. "Kuya, masyado kayong maingay! Masakit sa ulo, masakit sa ulo!" iritadong sigaw ni Jade habang nakaturo sa kaniyang ulo.