Chapter 48

Chapter 48

Spin The Bottle

"Okay, we're done! Good job, everyone!" Lilia shouted as she clapped her hands together.

Agad akong nakahinga nang maluwag at saka ngumiti nang malawak sa kanila. "Thank you for your hardwork, Maia," bati ni Meghan sa akin at saka ako inalalayan sa pag-alis sa harapan ng sobrang daming lighting.

"Ah, I'm used to it by now..." I trailed off as I made my way to the small vanity table. Meghan made me sit on the black chair as she started to remove my makeup little by little.

"You've been doing it for two years straight already, Maia. I'll be surprised if you still haven't mastered it yet," sabi nito sabay tawa. "Will you look at the pictures later?" dagdag nitong tanong.

I shook my head to the side as I closed my eyes when she started to remove my eye makeup. "No. I have plans for tonight. I'll take a look at it tomorrow. Pupunta rin naman ako sa building bukas," sagot ko.

Meghan spent her time gently removing all of my makeup. She then removed the high ponytail that they did on my brown long hair. Waves of refreshing feeling washed over me when she slowly placed my hair down on my shoulders. Sobrang higpit kasi ng pagkaka-ipit nila doon kanina.

After a few more minutes of trying to fix me, she made me walk over to the small bathroom inside the set and let me change my clothes. I quickly changed into a much more comfortable dress that I wore earlier.

"You'll leave already? We'll go to a restaurant to eat lunch?" tanong sa akin ni Lilia nang mapansin akong nag-iimpake na ng aking mga gamit.

I nodded at her as I gave her a small smile. "Yeah, I am. I'll be eating lunch with my father today," sagot ko rito.

Agad itong tumango pabalik. "Okay, then! Have fun with your lunch!"

Nagpaalam muna ako sa lahat ng crew at saka diretso nang lumabas ng set.

We were shooting for the new set of clothes for my mother's clothing line. I've been their model for one whole year already. I already quit my job at the office after a whole year of breaking up with him.

I remember thinking that it was not a healthy environment for the both of us. It felt suffocating and awkward whenever we come across each other at the company building. I decided to be the one who will adjust, for the sake of the two of us.

Since I've already been helping my mother's company with their clothes when it comes to modeling it, I've already decided to fully take on that job. Napagdesisyunan kong pasukin ang modeling industry. Since I already have plenty of experience with it, that was the job that I immediately went with when I resigned in my office job.

Tinulungan ako ni Mom na makuha ang aking trabaho. It was very easy since I already worked with a lot of staff in her company. Madali na rin akong natanggap since kakilala na rin ako ng halos lahat ng crew.

My mother also sometimes invites me on helping on designing some of their items. I sometimes give them ideas and sometimes, I also help my mother when she runs into a rough patch for the company. I've been her helping hand for the past two years.

Two years have passed already since we met.

My salary has been almost the same compared to my last job. Minsan nga ay masyado pang malaki dahil may iba na ring kompanya na kumukuha sa akin para mag-model sa kanila. I reject a lot of them, but sometimes when the offer was too good to reject, I accept it.

I'm happy with my new life. Hindi na rin ako masyadong nag-paparty katulad ng dati kong nakagawian. I've already grown... I try my best to do something much more worth it with my life and not just party. I won't limit myself with that kind of fun anymore. Mas lalo rin akong naging malapit sa aking mga magulang. I see my Dad every once a week. I see my mother almost eveyday because of work. And, I'm happy with that.