Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Enjoy My Life

Days and weeks have already passed. Today, I already got my results from my consultation with my doctor a few weeks ago. I already sent the files to Andre to show him the results. Thankfully, I'm still negative in all kinds of disease.

Same routine has been followed the past few weeks. I worked in the office in the weekdays and spent my time in either a bar or inside the comfort of my condo in the weekdays. Today is another Saturday. As usual, Jade already invited the two of us in another bar.

This time, it was a different bar from the one we used to go to. Jade said that Hugh was the one who invited her and told her to invite Nica and me too. I was actually surprised when I found out that it was Hugh's bar. He said that it has been under construction for years now and, thankfully, it's already completed. He said that he wanted to spend his first opening with us, his friends.

Jade and Hugh kept their contacts with each other. I barely see Jade going out alone without Hugh anymore. I'm just concerned. Jade just came from a breakup a few weeks ago, and she's already spending a lot of time with another guy, without even having a proper closure with Jake.

I mean, it's none of business, but both of them are my friends. I'm afraid that Jade is using Hugh to move on from Jake. And, knowing Hugh, he's super kind and considerate that he's probably letting Jade do that to him.

Mas maaga kaming nagkita-kita nina Nica at Jade kaysa sa mga usual na usapan namin. The bar that Hugh owns is a bit farther away from our usual place.

Jade bought her own car, while Nica told me that she will come with me. Nasa repair shop daw kasi ang kaniyang kotse dahil nasiraan ito ng gulong noong isang araw. Sinundo ko muna ito sa kaniyang apartment bago kami dumiretso sa address na binigay ni Hugh sa amin.

Nang makarating kami sa parking lot ay agad naming napansin ang isang babaeng nakasandal sa kaniyang kotse habang nakatungo sa cellphone. Nica and I stepped out of the car and walked towards the woman leaning on her car. "Jade!" rinig 'kong tawag ni Nica na tumakbo papunta kay Jade.

Jade turned her head to the side and once she saw us, she gave us a wide smile. "Finally! You're here! Hugh thought that you two are not coming anymore," natatawang bati ni Jade sa amin. Nang humarap ito nang tuluyan sa amin ay napahawak pa ito sa gilid ng kaniyang sasakyan dahil muntikan na itong matapilok.

"Where is he, by the way?" tanong ko rito.

"He's inside! Pasok na ba tayo?" excited nitong tanong at itinuro pa ang building ng bar.

Nica and I both nodded. Sabay-sabay kaming naglakad papunta sa loob ng bar. It's very well lit. Colourful lights were illuminating even on the outside of the whole building. The moment that you step inside the bar, you can already hear the loud music banging in the inside of your ears.

Two guards greeted us, standing just by the entrance. Nang tuluyan na kaming makapasok sa loob ay agad kaming sinalubong ng marami-raming tao. It's not that packed with people. The cold air of the room coming from multiple air conditioning caressed my bare back. The smell of alcohol mixed with various kinds of scents of colognes from different peoples hit my nose, a proof that the bar is still not packed enough with sweaty people to smell like a damp and smelly room.

"It's still early, that's why there's only a few people," banggit ni Jade. She kept on looking around the place, probably looking for Hugh. "Wait, I'll just text him that you two are already here," paalam nito at sabay layo mula sa aming dalawa ni Nica.

Napansin ko si Nica na unti-unting umuusog palapit sa akin. I turned my head to her and raised an eyebrow. "Don't you think that Hugh and Jade is getting a little too close?" bulong nito sa akin.