Chapter 42

Chapter 42

Her Shut Down

I stayed inside my small condo for three days straight. I didn't want to communicate with anyone anymore. Nica and Jade tried to come to my condo, but just like what I did to Andre, I didn't give them any of my attention.

Andre didn't stop from bringing food just outside my doorstep. He never failed to text and call me either. I was surprised that he kept doing it since he still has work for the day. Even if he knew that he would be late for his work, he still tried to persuade me to talk to him. I don't have the energy to talk to him anymore.

I spent my whole time inside this small room crying. For three days straight, I didn't talk to anyone nor texted them. Even my parents were worried for me.

I looked at the small table beside my bed as I stared at the small container placed on top of it. I still haven't let go of her. In the past three days that I have been staying inside this room, the numbness that I felt the first time I knew that she is already gone still lingers in here.

Tumayo ako mula sa pagkakaupo sa kama at dite-diretsong naglakad papunta sa aking aparador. I looked inside it and I was immediately greeted by a few pieces of clothings hanged on the rack.

I reached for the denim jeans that I have inside. Kinuha ko rin ang itim na crop top na nasa loob. I threw it towards my bed as I looked down. I saw one pair of my black heels and immediately grabbed it.

I want to forget everything. I already feel numb, why not make it worse? I want to take everything out of my mind even for just a second. I want to return to my old life. My fun and carefree life.

I quickly ran to the bathroom as I took a quick bath. Nang makatapos ay dumiretso ako sa salamin na nasa aking kuwarto. Unfortunately, almost all of my things were already transferred to the other house. But, I still have a few of my makeups in here. I applied a bit of makeup as I quickly opened the fan inside my room. Itinapat ko iyon sa akin at hinayaang matuyo ang aking buhok.

I reached for the clothes that I threw on my bed as I quickly put it on. I let out a loud sigh when I felt my jeans a bit tighter than usual. I guess I really gained a lot of weight in the past week.

Nagpatuloy ako sa pag-aayos at inipit na lamang ang aking buhok sa mataas na ponytail. Since I don't have any curling iron or a straightener in here, this would do. My orange hair is now fading bit by bit. I can already see the brown color of my natural hair color slowly showing on the roots.

Muli kong hinarap ang maliit na bedside table at tinignan ang container na nakalapag doon. I'm going to have to let go of you for a moment, my angel. I can't keep on suffering inside this small and suffocating space.

I grabbed my black bag as I picked my phone up. Hinalughog ko ang aking wallet na nasa loob ng maliit na bag na pinaglalagyan ng container noong isang araw. I opened it and immediately let out a relieved sigh when I saw a few bills inside it. This is enough for me to get drunk.

I looked at my phone and immediately dialed Jade's phone. After a few rings, she already answered.

"Maia! Thank God you called me! How are you? Are you doing al—"

I cut her off as a small smile appeared on my face. "Hey, Jade. Can you and Nica accompany me to a nightclub?" diretso kong tanong dito.

A long silence answered me from the other line. "A nightclub? Maia, are you sure that you're already good to go into that kind of place?" paninigurado nito.

I scoffed as I reached for the doorknob of my door. I don't care if my body is still not ready for this kind of activity. All I care about is I that I want to forget everything. "I don't care," sagot ko.