Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Soon To Be Parents

Andre and I prepared the lunch together with our parents this afternoon. We both decided in a casual restaurant that has various kinds of food. Coincidentally, both of our mother's love the same restaurant. We scheduled it at one o' clock this afternoon, giving me a lot of time to prepare for the lunch.

I was still eating breakfast when I already received a call from Andre.

Andre Dating App calling...

I looked into it and immediately grabbed my phone that was placed on top of my small dining table. I clicked the green button and placed the call on speaker phone. "Imo," rinig 'kong tawag nito sa akin.

Agad naman akong napahawak sa aking labi at iniharang ang aking kamay upang hindi tumapon ang aking nginunguyang pagkain. "Hmm?" I hummed as I tried to chew the food in my mouth faster.

"Did your parents approve for a lunch meeting?" he casually asked.

I swallowed the food that was in my mouth as I quickly nodded. "Yeah, yeah. They did," sagot ko nang malunok na nang tuluyan ang pagkain.

"Okay, that's good," he replied. "Oh, and, don't wear something too revealing. My mother is kind of a conservative one..." he trailed off.

A chuckle immediately escaped my lips upon hearing his words. "Oh, really? What if I show up wearing a dress just like the one I wore at the company's anniversary?" I said, teasing him more.

"Imo... Please, listen to me if you want my mother to be nice to you," he said in a serious tone.

Mas lalo akong natawa sa kaniyang reaksyon. Soft laugh echoed through out the whole room as I threw my head back. "I'm just kidding," I said. "But, wouldn't I look fake when I show up looking like a 'conservative and decent' woman when in fact, I've slept with hundreds of men," dagdag ko.

"She wouldn't know about that if you don't tell her," sagot nito.

"Well, how are we going to explain to her how you got me pregnant, huh?" paghahamon ko rito.

We literally can't answer how he got me pregnant without telling them that we had a one night stand or are just really fuck buddies. Unless, we're going to pretend like a couple.

"That's one of our problems too. I don't know how to tell them without saying that we're a couple," he answered.

"Well, good luck making up a reasonable excuse for that. My mother would literally not care whether I slept with thousands of men or not. She will probably be a bit shocked by the news but she won't be mad at me," pagmamayabang ko.

"Ah, shit. How haven't I thought about that?" he frustratedly asked. "Anyway, just be ready before one. My mother doesn't like late people," dagdag pa nito.

"Your mother sounds... strict. Are you sure that I will pass her standards?"

"You would. Just behave and act nicely."

A laugh escaped my mouth upon hearing his response. He sounds like he's ordering his dog to be behaved. "Whatever. I'll try to shut my mouth," I said as I unconsciously rolled my eyes. "Anyway, I got to go. I'll also call my parents to remind them."

He already ended the call after that as I finished my breakfast. I also called my parents to remind them with the lunch. After that, I went inside the bathroom and prepared for the lunch later on.

After hours that have passed, I already decided to get ready. Just like what Andre told me, I should wear something... decent and not too revealing for his conservative mother. So, I picked a black top with chiffon puff sleeves. I paired it with denim jeans and black heels. I curled my hair in loose curls and also applied a bit of makeup. I tried my best to make it look as natural as I can so that I wouldn't look too daring.