Chapter 60 (2)

Chapter 60: The Fall

A Promise To Fulfill

I watched as she slowly walked in the middle of the aisle. Her hair tied up in a messy bun, her dress perfectly fits her as it emphasizes her curves in the right places, and her smile. Damn, that smile.

This has never been part of our plan. An unexpected marriage was never the plan that we wanted. But, here we are. Her, walking towards me as I patiently wait for her in front of the aisle.

God, she just looks perfect...

"I now pronounce you as husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride," the wedding officiant announced.

We both looked at each other's direction, wide smiles painted on both of our lips. I let out a soft chuckle as I stared back into her eyes. I extended my arms and reached for her face. I placed both of my hands on the sides of her face. "I just know that you've been waiting for this," she said, teasing me.

"I'm not going to deny it," I cheekily answered. I smiled at her as I slowly pulled her in closer to me. She closed her eyes and leaned in to me. I felt the tip of our noses touched as it was followed by the soft touch of her lips against mine. Our lips crashed into each other as I felt her gripped on my arms, squeezing it lightly.

We're married.

"Andre!" she shouted as I lifted her whole body and placed it above my shoulders. "Andre, no! I don't know how to swim!" I walked straight inside the water while still holding her tightly.

I'm just going to tease her a little bit. I'm not planning to let go of her. Nang makarating na sa malalim-lalim na parte ng tubig ay unti-unti ko itong binibitawan. She didn't let me loosen my hold on her. She even tightened her hold on my neck as she strangled my hips with her long legs.

"D-don't let go of me!" utos nito. Halata sa boses ang kaba at takot.

I chuckled as I placed my hold back on her. I wrapped my left arm around her small waist and placed my right hand under her bottoms. I lifted her weight up just to lessen her work of lifting herself up on me. "I won't, Imo."

Napapikit na lamang ako nang biglaang humampas ang kaniyang palad sa aking dibdib. I laughed as she continued to shoot daggered stares at me.

"I told you, I don't know how to swim..." she trailed off. I lightly shook my head to the side as I placed a soft kiss on her shoulder blades.

"Then how did you do the activity earlier?"

"I was surrounded by staffs, Andre. I was at least a bit relieved that I won't drown," she answered.

I let out a soft laugh as I stared at her wet lips while she continued to speak. "Just trust me," I whispered, still staring at her lips. I leaned in and reached for her lips. I felt her tighten her hold around my neck as she drew her body closer to mine. Mas lalo kong hinigpitan ang aking pagkakahawak sa kaniya kasabay ng paggalaw ng aking mga labi sa kaniya. I pulled away after we both ran out of breath.

I looked into her eyes as a small smile slowly appeared on my lips. "Don't worry. I will never let go of you, Imo..."

I promise to take care of you. I promise to treasure and never let you go. I promise to be patient when it comes to you. I promise to be by your side whatever happens.

Everything was going smoothly. Her pregnancy was healthy and we were happy. We even bought furniture for the house that my parents have given us. Even though it was still very early in the pregnancy, I already bought some stuff for the baby.

Imo was stopping me from buying anything since we still don't know its gender, but I insisted on buying things that are neutral colored.

We went home with big smiles on our faces that night. It was also the time that I was notified that the DNA results of the baby were out. I only left her for a few minutes to go to my office. It is where the DNA test was placed.