(Chapter 14)

The sound of the ocean waves echoes. Giving tranquility and peace to the person listening to it.

"A month staying here huh?"

Lucas sigh staring at the blue waters, indeed Siesta is a place where you will be relaxed without something worrying about.

Its sounds reminds him of something nostalgic, from his breast-pocket he took out a dog-tag that his mother gave. A memory he will never forget.

"Mom..." He called wishing that his guardian will be here to be her guide once again.

After all he is still just a kid, and he doesn't want to end up like his father would. Where he would abandon its responsibility of being a parent.

Other words he has some Daddy issues.

I think i may have placed that out of context.

"Quite a sight isn't it?"

He turns around and saw the former general of UrSUS, a liberi now an operator also in Rhodes Island.

"General Hellagur?"

"Dropped the general, young lad we are one in the same affiliation, therefore let's treat ourselves each other equal."

"Much obliged." Lucas said as the birb smiled.

"What brings you here lad?" Hellagur asked. "Temporary leave at Rhodes Island and Lungmen." "I'm jealous since it's been just a few weeks when you accepted the job."

"Oh no, more like forced by. And i also don't have a choice." Lucas said a bit pained.

"Rest assure new blood, You'll get used to Rhodes Island random shenanigans in a while." The liberi pats his left shoulder then left for an important business.

The young lad started to walk around the city and saw so many attractions and what got him the most is Emperor's woke music.

"I'll buy some CD's now that I'm here." He said so and opens the door to the store.

Meanwhile

"Peaceful ain't it?" Skadi breathes and inhales the fresh air of the ocean.

"I second that." Ch'en crossed her arms then looks at the blue sky. "You look worried Inspector?" Skadi asked as the lung sighed. "The day before this, we faced a huge threat back in Lungmen. Now we are dropped off here at Siesta."

"It makes me think that Wei is using us in some unknown ways, other than his fear of me not getting a husband."

"That's the chief alright." The orca agreed to that statement. "But Ch'en you're here at Siesta, time to fan down the flames of worrieness and relax for a bit."

"For now enjoy you're vacation here, that's why the ocean is here. To clear your head and empty that thoughts."

"Ironic for someone who doesn't use her head." Ch'en answered as the hunter pouts.

The lung giggles seeing this and truly what Skadi said is true.

Not only a beach are for vacations, but also a way for you to relax and forget about problems.

"Thanks, i needed that." She exhaled as the burden on her chest subsides.

"Now i want us to talk about other things, private matters."

And so the two discussed some important stuff before heading back.

As for Lucas

He exits the shop and saw a feline waiting for him. "Took you long enough."