Chapter 22

"I don't understand, what am I doing?" I ask and he lets his head drop back before falling back into his chair. "Dude, you are literally superhero like- like Superman or Batman?" I shake my head, not understanding.

"Dude" he sighs. "Why do you keep calling me dude? That is not my name..." I continue to play dumb and Ian sinks into his chair more. "Well, you know how you can hear like everything and go all ninja mode?" He says and I cock my head to the side. "Ninja mo-" he cuts me off completely just flopping to the floor making it hard not to laugh.

"You're freaking stealthy!" He gives up and I nod. "Well... I don't have that. No other human has that. You could be like a hero saving people!" He explains and I nod slowly.

"Wait... why would I do that? You have scooperman and Batman" I explain sitting on the floor with him. "Superman- and they aren't real! They're just stories, but you are real- you could save people! Find a hot chick ya know. You're going to face the villain and lose but then when you go against them again you'll win" he goes frantic throwing his hands up to explain.

"I don't like people though, and they don't like me. The reason I have the... things... I have is because of people" I mumble and he nods putting a hand on my shoulder.

"I get it. Well not really." He chuckles nervously. "Anyways- can I at least like make my mom make you a costume and I'll make some like gadgets. We have to come up with a name!" He starts getting excited running around his room to grab stuff.

"Will, you not leave me?" I ask and he stops. "Of course I won't. We're friends now!"

"Scene!"  The director shouts and I slouch over as Jadyn flops onto the prop bed. "So we finally did it?" I ask getting a thumbs up. "Thank god" I groan. "That scene shouldn't have even been so funny" I laugh and he nods.

"I didn't smack myself this time either" he points out to me and I nod. "You didn't which means I didn't laugh. Your little fall out of the chair about made me laugh though" I admit and he rubs his face.

"At least you didn't screw up the ninja line again. All you say is a ninja and the I cut you off. It should have been that hard Z!" He bursts into laughter.

"Im sorry ninja is a harder word than you think!" I attempt to keep my pride. "Ninda? Where did you get Ninda?" He asks and I cross my arms. "Shhh, we don't talk about that," I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Well- want to go get a drink while we wait?" Jadyn asks and I nod. "Sounds good, what's the next scene that we're doing" I grab my script from off set looking at it.

"Oh I'm going to be meeting your mom, and you awkwardly explain how we're friends that met at a sports camp. Then you have you stutter your way through that lie" I laugh reading some of the lines.

"Oh yeah, I've got that. My stuttering is going to lead me to say the wrong words though, so I hope you're prepared for that" he laughs and I shrug. "Since I don't do well with socializing with other people I pretty much just stand there and wave" I shoot him finger guns and he glared at me.

"Well let's go get drinks now" I sigh standing and walking off the set with him. "Hey boys!" Valerie shouts and I blink before looking over to Jadyn. "Hi, Valerie" both of us sigh .

"What are you doing here? You don't have any scenes today... you haven't even been introduced yet" I groan and she giggles. "Z, I was wondering if maybe you and I could practice a few scenes," she asks and I bite the inside of my cheek.

"And what scenes are those?" I ask as Jadyn takes a long sip of his drink through a straw. I look over to him and he looks the other way. "Sorry" he whispers and I smile before looking back at the flirty girl.

"I was thinking maybe our kiss scene... and then that could lead to our sex scene" She whispers getting way too close for comfort. "Mmm you see, I don't want to practice a scene that isn't going to be in the movie. That would just be a waste of time" I explain pushing her away as Jadyn starts to choke on his drink.

The assistant director runs over to help him which just makes him choke even more. "That's not funny Z" she whines and I grab an apple juice from the table.

"Trust me I'm not trying to be funny- why don't you go home and enjoy your days off" I huff and she hugs me tightly. "Okay. I can do that, but just for you", she tightens the hug as I just lay with my arms at my side.

After that awkward moment, she finally made her way out of the building getting onto her phone as soon as she was a few feet away. "You done choking Jadyn?" I ask looking over to him.

He nods and Mylo rubs his shoulder. "Be careful you worried me" he chuckles and I stare at them with a smirk. "Sorry, I just started laughing watching Z turn down Valerie once again" he snickers as I cross my arms looking over to the door where she had strutted out.

"Damn that woman won't take the hint" he sighs and I purse my lips. "Tell me about it" I huff. "Well anyways, no more choking- tell me if you need anything" he sighs and looks back to Jadyn. "I mean he could definitely choke on something else" I suggest and in five seconds flat he's jumping onto me.

"You sorry son of a bitch" he hissed grabbing my collar. Mylo's face twisted from one of confusion to shock as he turned on his heel and walked away understanding what I was getting at.

"I hope you die... die" he grumbles and I smirk picking him and off of me. "I'm into girls okay, you're going to upset Mylo" he crosses his arms and I look him up and down not believing it.

"Okay sure" I answer and he rocks back and forth. "Valerie" I just say her name and his face twists into one of digust. "Mylo" he immediately looks back to the man who was now talking into a headset. He looks back at me with a tiny smile and a flustered expression.

"Notice the difference between the way you reacted to the both of them" I point out and he rolls his eyes. "Well Valerie is Valerie" he explains and I shake my head. "No matter how she acts she has good looks, I'm not interested in her, and I'm very much happy with who I have, but Valerie is a very pretty girl. Inside no, she's an ugly bitch" I explain and he groans into his hands.

"I can't be gay- it just doesn't make sense" he starts mumbling to himself. "Damn these glasses are bugging me" he shouts moving them off of his face and clipping them to his shirt.

"Not all nerds wear glasses" he huffs and I shake my head. "Yeah but they make you look nerdier" I try to explain and he shakes his head. "You are a stereotypical prick" he sighs and I mock him with my hand.

Finishing my apple juice I throw it into the trash. "Want to go scope out the set?" I ask and he nods. "We should make our way that way," he tells me even though the scene was the other way. 

"Okay sure, we can circle things" I nudge him and he just stays silent going on one side of me so he was closer to the frantic assistant director. "You should definitely have an affair it would make this all so much more interesting" I laugh and he shakes his head in his hands again.

"I'm gay, aren't I? Why? How?" He gives in and I clap happy I made him come to the realization. We walk past Mylo who looks up to eye Jadyn before going back to his work.

"He just hardcore looked you up and down" I snicker and Jadyn slaps his face taking a deep breath. "Im gay" he mutters and I nod. "Yes, we know" I continue laughing. "Okay I don't want to walk all the way around let's just turn around and walk back the other way," he says and I roll my eyes.

"The sets not that big-" he cuts me off, putting a hand to my mouth. "I'm going through a crisis let me have this. It's your fault I'm going through this right now"

"How is it-"

"Your fault!"