Chapter 34

"Shhh" I tap Damien as he tries to talk to me again. "Why are you shushing me," he asks and I grab his hand. "The girl over there- do you think she's lost?" I ask pointing to a smaller brown-haired girl.

"Uhhhh... possibly. Is that who you've been staring at the whole time?" He asks and I nod. Damien lets out a breath do relief. "Thank god I thought you were checking some other guys out" he sighs and I roll my eyes. "Damien we came to the mall to shop, not check out people" I laugh and he nods.

My eyes go back to the girl whose face was now twisted up into one of fear and sadness. "I'm going over there," I tell him and ran across the plaza slowing down when I get closer. "Hey sweetie, are you okay?" She freaks out when I first talk to her.

I squat down to be at her level and she takes a step back. "Can you tell me your name? My name is Zachary, but you can call me Z" I try to make her more comfortable and she moves a bit closer. "Evelyn" she answers her voice cute as ever.

"Are you lost?" I ask and she nods. "Who are you here with?" I ask and she scrunched her face up. "Axel- and Ace. They are family" she tells me and I nod. "How old are you?" I ask another question, making her tap her foot on the ground.

"Eight... I didn't mean to go away. I saw a pretty art and I thought O would like it" she whispers hanging her head. "Well Evelyn, can I help you find Axel then?" I ask and she nods. "Can we go over to my boyfriend? So he can help as well" I point over to Damien who's eyes widen when he sees me pointing.

"He's really nice" I add and she nods reaching up for me. I pick the girl up and she wraps her arms around my neck resting her head on my chest while looking around.

Bringing her over to Damien who gives me a worried look. "She's looking for some guys named Axel and Ace. I tell him and he nods. "Anyways Damien this is Evelyn" I introduce them and she sits up waving to him.

"Woah- I like your hair!" She giggles reaching over my shoulder. He steps closer and smiles realizing she wasn't scared of him. Evelyn plays with his hair a bit still giggling and I smile looking around the plaza.

"Can you tell me what Axel looks like?" I ask and she nods. "He has black hair! Green eyes! Ear jewelry! Like this but more!" She cheers touching her own piercings.

"He has art on his hands and the rest of his body! He wears lots of black... um, he's nice but O says he looks scary but then O says he's hot" she explains and I nod smiling. "Got it... he sounds unique" I mumble and she nods smiling.

"Let's go explore then Damien" I prop the girl up with one arm grabbing Damiens hands with the other. "Are you hungry or anything?" I ask and she looks around before nodding. "Can I have something to drink please?" the girl asks and I nod.

"Of course, just tell me what you want" I squeeze Damiens hand and he hovers close being just as worried. "Anything you want sweetheart" he repeats and I nod. "Can I have orange juice?" She asks her eyes widening.

"Yes let's just go to the food court and get her a cup" both of us hurry around keeping an eye out for the mysterious man named Axel. We were able to find a place that sold to-go cups of orange juice pretty quickly and I happily paid, getting her a drink.

"Do you know what floor you guys were on?" I ask and she nods. "Two. I was trying to get back to the parking lot. We have a rent car" she tries to explain and I nod. "A rental? Are you not from here?" I ask and she nods.

"I was born in Texas but now I live in Califona!" she mumbles it out and I nod. "We also live in California," I cheer and her eyes light up. "Really! Does that mean we can be friends!?" She asks and I nod. "Of course sweetie" she hugs me tightly before reaching for Damien. "Can we be friends too!?" She asks and he nods grabbing her out of my arms.