023. ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ɢɪʀʟ

1x12 Unpleasantsville

Kalani smiles as she sits in the school library reading a book. "I didn't know you could read," a voice says as she looks up to see Ric. "I'm looking at the pictures," she jokes putting her book down. "I wanted to talk to you about something," he says sitting down on the table. "Is it about Isobel?" She asks as he nods. "I think I found the person who killed her," he says as she nods.

"Well, that sounds like a personal thing. I should not be here for that conversation," she says getting up. "She was your mother," he says as she shrugs. "No, she was the woman who birthed me and then abandoned me and the other child she had cause she was sleeping with two guys which I don't mean to sound harsh. She may sleep with anyone she wants. I don't know if may is the right word seeing she's dead but I'll roll with it," Kalani says picking up her book. "So you don't care?" He asks as she laughs. "Read the room," she says before walking away.

After school Kalani sits in the grill reading her book. "You read?" A voice asks as she looks up to see Bonnie. "I do read. I read a lot when I'm bored," Kalani explains putting her book down. "The Picture Of Dorian Gray," Bonnie reads looking at the book. "Yeah, it's my favorite. You should borrow it, I've read it a million times and I highlighted my favorite parts and you can borrow my bookmark and if you see something you like just put a sticker and I have a serious rambling problem," Kalani says taking her book stickers from her bag and putting them on her book.

"It's fine. The rambling is cute it shows you're passionate about something," Bonnie says with a smile. "And I will read your book," Bonnie says as Kalani hands her the book and the stickers. "I hope you enjoy which you will cause I have amazing taste," Kalani says with a smile. "Really? Didn't you date Tyler once?" Bonnie asks as Kalani laughs.

"That was before I got taste now I like other people," Kalani explains. "Other people?" Bonnie questions. "Yeah, people with olive-green eyes, black hair, and a heart-shaped face," Kalani says looking into Bonnie's eyes. "Very specific," Bonnie says as Kalani nods. "It's not that specific," she responds with a laugh.

"It's pretty specific. You have anyone in mind with that description?" Bonnie as Kalani nods. "Yeah, my dream girl. I'm gonna go look for her so I'll see you around," Kalani says getting up. "Good luck," Bonnie says as Kalani smiles at her. "Thank you. Enjoy the book," she says before walking away.