064. ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ ʙɪᴛᴄʜ

Kalani sighs as she opens her bag to see The Picture Of Dorian Gray inside. She smiles seeing the new bookmarks. "What are you smiling about?" Katherine asks sitting down next to the girl. "I borrowed the book to Bonnie and she gave it back," Kalani explains as Katherine laughs.

"You know you'll never end up together right?" Katherine asks as Kalani frowns. "Why'd you say that?" She asks as Katherine takes the book from her hands. "You don't know about the curse?" She questions looking through it. "What are you talking about?" Kalani says taking the book from Katherine putting it down.

"Fine, I'll tell you. Your ancestor's ancestor from your father's side, Mal, was a crazy bitch who fell in love with a Bennet witch but everyone thought it was wrong cause it was hundreds of years ago and the town was riddled with homophobia. They tried to run away but the town found them. Mal was supposed to get married to a Lockwood and he was furious so he had a witch place a curse on them," Katherine explains.

"Holy shit. What curse?" Kalani questions. "Well, it made sure that every hundred or so years a Salvatore and a Bennet will fall in love only to be broken up by one of them dying. It's been happening for a while now," Katherine says before taking a sandwich from the bag.

"But I already died when I became a vampire. Maybe that broke the curse," Kalani says as Katherine shrugs. "Maybe but if not one of you might actually die for real," Katherine says as Kalani sighs. "Isn't there a way to stop it?" She questions.

"Not that I've ever seen. Emily and Juliana thought they were gonna break it too until Emily got burned and shit," Katherine says as Kalani rests her head against the cold wall. "Shit," she whispers under her breath. "But don't worry, you're a Petrova, we always find a way," Katherine says resting her head against the wall too. "Thanks, I guess," Kalani says closing her eyes.

"Look," Katherine says as Kalani opens her eyes to see Katherine holding up her camera. "Taking a few pictures might make you feel better," she says as Kalani nods. "Sure," she says before the two start taking pictures.