030. ʙᴀʙʏ

1x16 There Goes The Neighborhood

Kalani stands on her bed singing karaoke ad her friends sit on pillows on the ground. "And that's how you do it," she says falling down on her bed and putting the mic on her bedside table. "Look we all love karaoke night but we know why you're doing this," Alexander says standing up from next to Max and turning off the karaoke machine.

"Because I love you guys," Kalani says with a smile. "No, because you have no idea what to say to Bonnie," Max says getting up before holding his hand out to Virginia who takes it as he pulls her up. "Yes, I do. I understand emotions it's not like im an emotionless robot," Kalani says as the group stays silent. "Fuck you guys," she says falling back down.

"We'll help you pretend to have feelings if you want," Virginia says sitting on the bed. "Yes, that's perfect. I love you, you know that?" Kalani asks with a smile. "You're so confusing," Alexander says sitting down on the bed as Max follows. "I'll pretend to be Bonnie and you be-" he says as Kalani cuts him off. "Terry Crews. I love that guy," she says nodding. "No, you'll be an annoying blonde vampire named Kalani Sterling Salvatore," he says as she frowns.

"Why do you get to be Bonnie?" She asks as he smiles. "Cause im a better actor than these two," he says as she nods. "You're right. They suck,"  she says as Alexander scoffs. "I've known you since we were kids and I still don't understand you," he says shaking his head. "Enough talk. Let's get this started. Virginia you can sing a sad song in the background to add to the tension," Max says as Virginia nods.

"We don't need, anything," she starts singing as Kalani looks at Max. "I heard about your Grandmother," she says as he nods. "It's been really hard," he says in a high voice as Kalani clears her throat. "Okay, want drugs?" She asks as Virginia stops singing. "No," Max says in his normal voice before pushing her back down on the bed before she hears a voice. "Why is Ratty Matty in my house?" She asks getting up.

"He's on a double date with your sister, Stefan, and Caroline. It's so weird to say, 'your sister'. You have a sister," Virginia says as Kalani gets up from her bed and puts on her bunny slippers. "That makes me so happy," Max says looking at the shoes. "Thank you. They provide happiness for me too," she says before walking out of her room. "I'll go make sure Matt doesn't end up dinner," Virginia says following the girl.

"Where are you going?" Kalani asks looking at Stefan and Matt as Virginia stands next to her. "Showing him the garage," Stefan says as Kalani nods. "Don't touch baby," she says pointing at the two. "Whose baby?" Matt questions. "The vintage blue convertible that I drive every day. Just don't touch her or else," she says before walking away. "Or else she'll tickle you," Virginia adds. "No, or else I'll kill you!" Kalani yells as Virginia nods before following behind the girl.

Kalani walks into her room to see Max and Alexander talking. "Did you threaten to kill someone?" Max asks as Kalani shakes her head. "Doesn't sound like me," she says as Virginia walks in behind her. "I just heard you say 'or else I'll kill you'," he says as she sighs.

"I make no apologies," she says before jumping on top of them as they groan. "Me next!" Virginia says before jumping on top of Kalani as she and the boys groan. "I wanna go home," Alexander mumbles under the two. "If you go home how are we gonna do karaoke?" Kalani asks as Virginia gets off her. "Yeah, we're doing duets next. Me and Lani first," Virginia says as Kalani gets off the boys. "Yay," Kalani says turning on the karaoke machine before she and Virginia sing 'Chasing Cars'.