Chapter 1- Quirkless

3rd POV:

Men aren't born equal. There will be some rising to fame and glory, undeserving of all of it, while others have hearts so pure but were left to die in the streets.

That is what Izuku learned at a very young age. He learned that not everyone was born equal since he has already experienced being treated as such. Because in this world, you are just as valuable as the powers that are bestowed upon you by the world. And when you are powerless then you will be shunned out of society and be left to fend for yourself.

It all happened 8 years ago with a doctors visit. A visit that was going to change his life forever. It was the day that they get to learn what their quirk was going to be. He was 4 years old along with his twin sister Izumi.

They both shared blonde hairs that was from their father, Toshinori Yagi, also known as AllMight, and both had viridian eyes that matched their mother, Inko Yagi, also known as Esper. Both their parents were heroes and it was unknown by the children.

It was early in the morning and the twins were excited. They were jumping around and giggling, much to their parents joy. They both always wanted to be heroes and swore with each other that they both are going to be known as the best duo heroes ever.

"Now, kids, come on, eat your breakfast so that we could go to the doctor to have you both tested, okay?" Inko told his kids and they nodded.

"Hai!" They both said in unison as they gulped the remaining food on their plates.

"Now, go change your clothes and meet me down here, okay?"

"Hai!" They both said again as they giggled their way up their rooms.

After a few minutes, the twins head down the stairs where their mother was already waiting for them. She grabbed their hands with each of her arms as they exited the house. Their dad stayed behind since he said he was tired and in need of rest. The children gave him a small peck in the cheeks while Inko gave him a kiss on the lips.

They then headed to their car and drove their way to the doctors to have their quirks tested and be analyzed. The kids were discussing what quirk they were gonna get along their way to the doctor and Inko happily listened to them talking.

When they arrived they sat down on the chairs in the hallway as they waited for their names to be called. The kids were playing with the toys that they brought along with them, they played heroes vs villains like they always do.

"Can we have Izuku and Izumi Yagi? The doctor would like to see you now." A nurse announced as Inko told her kids to pack their toys.

They then scurried their way to the doctor's office and sat down across from him. The kids were being jittery as they no longer could wait.

"Hello, I will be your doctor for today. We will be doing some test to figure out your quirks. And after a few minutes I will have the results and would show it to you once it is finished."

"Can we do them now please, I wanna know my quirk!" Izumi pleaded as Izuku nodded vigorously.

The doctor and Inko laughed slightly at both of their eagerness.

"Do not worry, we will now go to the test room. So let's go!" The doctor told them as he got up from his seat.

The children cheered as they followed the doctor to a testing room. After a few minutes of testing, the children returned and the doctor said that he will be back with the results.

After a few more minutes of waiting, the doctor came back with a frown on his face that made the family worry.

"Is their a problem doctor?" Inko asked him with a worried expression.

"Well, I have good news and bad news. Which one would you like to hear first?" The doctor asked as Inko chose the bad news first.

"It seems that Izuku will not be receiving a quirk. We took an x-ray and saw that he is double jointed on his pinky toe. This mostly meant that they will be quirkless."

Izuku's heart shattered at the news as he dropped his AllMight figure that he was holding onto. His tears started dripping down from his eyes as the doctor looked at him with pity. The little boy turned for comfort to his mother as she had a disappointed look on her face that he has never seen before.

"What is the good news then doc?" Inko then asked, completely ignoring his son that was crying silently.

"Izumi here has a powerful quirk! A stronger version of your quirk. She could move things with her mind using psychic energy and make powerful attacks with it. I'd say she'd make a fine hero." The doctor informed them.

Izumi had a bright smile on her face that contrast what his brother was feeling at the moment. Inko hugged her daughter tightly and praised her for her powerful quirk. Izuku looked distraught as he was being ignored by her mother.

"I'm going to be a hero mommy!" She said as her mother nodded.

"Yes you are Izumi. Thank you doctor we will be leaving now." She bowed and carried Izumi in her arms.

Izuku just got down from his seat and took his AllMight action figure that he dropped from the ground. He bowed also to the doctor as he looked at him with pity.

He followed his sister and mother to the car as he was almost left behind by them. The car ride was all about Izumi having a powerful quirk while Inko kept praising her over and over again.

When they arrived they were greeted by Toshinori and asked them how it all went.

"Well, Izuku was diagnosed quirkless, but our daughter Izumi, she has a powerful version of my quirk!" Inko said enthusiastically.

Toshinori's face was plastered with a smile that wouldn't fade away as he hugged Izumi tightly. "My little girl is going to be the greatest hero ever!" He said proudly as Izumi giggled in his arms.

All the while, Izuku watched them being all happy. He just stood still near the door as he waited for someone to acknowledge his presence, but all were too focused on Izumi. He started crying silently as he walked pass them and head up to his room. No one realized that he was already gone.

The next day happened and the twins were at the park playing with the other kids. It was mostly Izumi playing and Izuku sitting quietly in the sandpit. He was then approached by her sister with a bunch of her friends.

"Hey, Izu, do you still wanna be a hero?" She asked him.

"I-I do want to be a hero." He said sheepishly.

He was then punched by his sister in the face and was soon followed by the rest of her friends. He was being beaten as a a familiar voice screamed for them to spot. They look to see a very angry blonde with his hands popping like fire crackers.

"Izumi! Why are you hurting Izuku!?" He said as he pushed them all away from Izuku.

"That loser wants to be a hero. He's quirkless and useless! He's a DEKU!" Izumi screamed as she turned away and left them.

"Izuku, are you okay?!" Katsuki asked the shaking boy.

"I-I just want to be a hero... Why does Izumi hate me kacchan?" He said as tears fell from his face.

"I don't know Izu, but I promise you that I will protect you from them!" Katsuki declared with determination as Izuku's eyes brightened up a bit.

"You promise?" Izuku asked as he showed his pinky to him.

"I promise!" Katsuki said back as he grabbed his pinky with his, sealing their promise together.

A promise sealed together, a promise that must be kept, a promise that is soon to be broken.