Chapter 6- Umi

3rd POV:

Izuku's eyes shot open. His eyes wandered around and saw himself sinking deeper into the depths of the water. He looked around and saw nothing but water, he looked up to see the surface as a light shines passing through the surface, the only light source in the dark waters.

He was confused. He should be dead but why does he feel alive. The last thing he remembers is jumping off the waterfall and down into the waters to drown himself in. He couldn't remember pass that and now he's underwater.

"Is this what hell feels like?" He asked himself as he looked around.

He was surprised that eventhough he's underwater, he could breathe normally. It was as if the water was actually air and was only just an illusion in his mind.

He started cursing himself for what he had gotten himself in. He only wanted to kill himself to finally be set free of the chains that had held him back for so many years. He wanted to be free from the pain, free from the torment, free from the anguish that the world has brought to him. It was just a simple wish that he couldn't even do properly.

Suddenly, he felt a presence around him. The presence felt regal and calming, but also dominating at the same time. He looked around to find the source only for him to find nothing but the water that stretches into the distance. He then looked down below him into the depths and saw something swimming.

It was large and long. And was heading straight for him. The creature swam up to him and he was pushed back by the strong underwater current that the creature brought with it. He then looked to see something unbelievable.

 He then looked to see something unbelievable

(What the dragon looked like!)

It was a creature that can only be found in books of legends or mythology. It was a serpentine dragon. Majestic, regal, and beautiful. It had a beautiful pink luminous scales that lit up the dark waters and turned them into a pink color.

Izuku couldn't believe what he was seeing. A freaking dragon was in front of him and was staring him down. It was as if it was inspecting him and was being cautious.

The dragon looked at the boy full of curiosity. She saw the boys innocent face that was at 'awe'. There she knew that he was not there to harm her but instead was admiring her and her glory.

The serpent dragon started swimming up to the boy, coiling herself around him and placed her head in front him. Izuku was shock with the dragon's action and he touched her head and felt the tough yet smooth scales of the creature.

She then gestured for him to ride her head and he nodded and swam on top of her. She then started swimming in lightning speed and Izuku held onto her for dear life. She first started swimming downwards into the water before doing a turn and started swimming upwards into the surface.

Izuku held on tightly as they were about to reach the surface. When they did, he was at shocked to see where they were.

 When they did, he was at shocked to see where they were

(What the place looked like!)

They were at another spring waterfall that can almost match the beauty of the previous one. The water was crystal clear and the flowers and trees were luscious and beautiful. He had never seen anything like this.

The dragon dropped him on the water and was surprised when he didn't fell through, but was actually walking on the surface of it. Every step made a ripple on the water. The dragon then started coiling around herself and looked at Izuku straight in his eyes.

"Uhm, who are you? And what am I doing here?" Izuku asked the dragon and she tilted her head.

"I should be the one to ask that, child. You have entered my domain of sanctuary. No mortal has ever made their way into my domain for centuries." The dragon said in a female voice that was dominating yet elegant and charming.

"I-I don't know why I am here either. I just jumped into the waters and I was here." Izuku explained as the dragon squinted her eyes.

"Why would you jump into the rocky waters? You are far too young to be doing such things alone, child."

"I just wanted to be free."

"You tried to kill yourself? You are nothing but a young boy. Why would you drive yourself into committing such a sin?"

Izuku then explained everything that has happened in his life. The neglect, the abuse, and then deteriorating factor of his mental, emotional, and social health, all because he was quirkless. A few tears escaped his eyes as he told the dragon his story.

The dragon was angered with the actions of the people around him. No child should bare such pain in their youths. The dragon comforted the boy by rubbing her head against his body that made him giggle slightly.

"I feel sorry for you child. No child should ever experience such a thing. A child should be showered with nothing but love from their parents and make them happy for the rest of their lives. This also answers the question on why you are here."

"What do you mean? Why am I here?"

"The spring waterfall that you jumped into was no ordinary spring waterfall. It was a portal into my domain that was used by you mortals, centuries ago."

"So, it was before quirks manifested?"

"Indeed, child. Only those that have experienced such trauma may enter my domain. And that is why you are here."

"So, that's why."

"I would like to ask for your name child. In exchange, I will present my name as well."

"Izuku is my name, just call me Izuku."

"Very well, Izuku. I am Umi, The Serpentine Dragon of the Sea. The Bearer of Gifts and The Dragon of Purity."

"Bearer of gifts?" Izuku asked and the dragon nodded her head.

"The mortals would visit my domain to ask for favors and requests. I will grant it, only if there hearts are truly pure and kind. That is why I am also known as The Dragon of Purity."

The dragon then turned away from Izuku and ushered him to follow her. She slithered her way behind the waterfall and made her way inside. Izuku soon followed and saw Umi went inside the cave. When he entered he saw pink crytals decorating the whole cave, lighting it up and made it look beautiful and magical.

Umi then coiled around herself at the end of the came and told Izuku to sit down. He did so and they both were facing each other.

"Izuku, let me ask you, what is something you dream the most that you would want to come true?" Umi asked him and Izuku started thinking.

He only wanted one thing in his life and that is to be a hero. But people mocked him and his dream and told him it was impossible for a quirkless nobody like him to be a hero. But he still wanted to he like one.

"I want to be a hero. A hero for those that have been looked down upon by society. I wanna be a pillar of hope and make change to the corrupt society that has shunned those with weak quirks or those who are quirkless, like me." He said as he looked down to the ground.

"Such a noble wish for such a young mind. I smile at your bravery to try and fix the mistakes that the world has made. What if I tell you that you are able to do that?" Izuku asked what she meant and she chuckled slightly.

Then suddenly, a glow of an orb appeared out of her forehead. It was a brilliant glow of gold that emanated such a radiant light. The orb was presented to him.

"This is called a wish orb. It seeks out your most deepest wishes and will grant it, but if your wish is for your own selfish needs then it will destroy you. It is also called the orb of judgement. Do you want to be judged in the hopes that your wish will be granted?" She asked Izuku.

He looked at the orb in shock with her eyes wide and his mouth opened. If he agrees then the orb will have a chance to destroy him and kill him, which is what he has been wanting to happen. But this time, he has now the chance to make his dream come true.

"I accept."