Chapter 29: Kaminari's Surging Electricity

3rd POV:

"Umi! Why would you say that?!" Izuku asked as he had a face of disbelief. "Kaminari here is one of the most likely students to become a hero in our class. Didn't you see how he handled all of your water knights during your assessment?"

"That is precisely why I advice him to no longer pursue being a hero. The way he handles things using his quirk for hero purposes can lead to his death." Umi said that shocked everyone as they widened their eyes and Kaminari cowering on Hitoshi's side.

"W-What do you mean that it could lead to my death?" Kaminari asked as he could feel his heart almost about to jump out of his chest.

"By my observations, when you overuse your quirk it temporarily short-circuit your brain, correct?" Kaminari then nodded as Umi sighed. "If you keep on short-circuit your brain, then it will most likely cause you brain damage or even destroy some of, or even all of your brain cells that all, at some point will lead to your death. I predict you won't live pass your 20's if this keeps on going."

Everyone gasped at her prediction that Kaminari won't live to pass his 20's. This cause Kaminari to fall into tears as Hitoshi comforted him in his embrace. His tears drop into the water, making a few ripples as others look at him in sympathy and pity.

"Wait, isn't there a way for this to be all resolved? Every problem has its own solutions, right?" Izuku asked, pleading for a way to help his friend.

"There is no solution that I can think of rather than limiting his quirk in order for him to not short-circuit. But limiting ones power can become a liability in a fight, hence that is not a favorable solution."

"So, Kaminari has to give up being a hero?" Jiro asked with a sad expression.

"If he desperately wants to become a hero, then he may, but that decision will surely lead to him reducing the life that he has and he will be closer to death's door compared to you all." Umi said in a straightforward manner, not wanting to beat around the bush since this concerning a person's life.

"I do have have another idea for this problem to be solved." Umi said that gathered everyones attention.

"What is it? I'll do anything if it means that I won't die early and still get to be a hero!" Kaminari said with a determined face as we wiped away the tears staining his cheeks.

"First, let me ask you a question. What is your deepest and truest desire in life. Speak truthfully and tell me what your heart desires the most." Umi explained as Kaminari looked surprised to be ask of such a question.

Kaminari pondered for a little bit before giving his answer to Umi. He was always inspired by heroes when he was young. A hero that he once saw when he was a child, helped saved everyone and defeated villains. What he desires the most is that for him to become a hero.

"Since I was a kid, I always wanted to be a hero. Even if I'm not the smartest or the strongest, I still want to be a hero and I will do everything I can to become one!" Kaminari declared as he made a fist with his arm and has the most determined face that anyone had ever seen before.

His friends smiled at the background and felt the fiery determination he had. They all felt inspired by his resolve as Umi looked satisfied with his answer as well. She gave him a proud smile.

"What determination. I am quite pleased with your answer, Denki Kaminari. What I am about to offer to you as a way to solve your problem, is called a wish orb." Umi said as she turned serious all of a sudden.